Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!!!

I'm presently building up my girlfriend's Ritchey Breakaway and am having a seemingly unsolvable drivetrain compatibility issue. I'm trying to run the following:

Sram Rival compact crankset
Dura ace 9spd front brifter (dual)
105 rear 9spd brifter (the rear dura ace she bought at a swap meet is shot)
FSA Compact front derailleur
Ultegra 10spd, Long Cage rear derailleur
SRAM 9 spd cassette (12-26)
SRAM 9 spd chain

Here's the problems:

Front: The chain rubs on the outer cage of the front derailleur in all cogs despite being adjusted as far out as possible. Cable tension is fine. The inside adjustment as as far out as it can go without rubbing in the small ring.

Rear: In nearly every cog and both chainrings the chain rubs on the outside of the derailleur cage near the lower pulley (closest to the ground).

A plausible cause for both problems would seem to be a dramatic chain line problem caused by a crankset with too much spacing but I can't see how this can be with a standard Rival crankset.

The only other thing I can think of is the two problems are unique and the front is caused by a worn out front brifter and the rear is a 10spd/9spd compatibility issue.

Thoughts?:confused:

Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fixed

Thanks for the suggestion, turns out it was two idiotic problems. The rear derailleur was cross threaded and there form not aligned properly and QBP sent the frameset with the wrong cable guide for under the bottom bracket shell. Works properly now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.