Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a mixed category race, i.e. Cat 4/5, does anybody besides your mother care if you're the first Cat 5 across the line? Is it worth sprinting for? Can you say you won the Cat 5 division or race? It's hard being a Cat 5.:sad:

·
Registered
750 Posts
In a mixed category race, i.e. Cat 4/5, does anybody besides your mother care if you're the first Cat 5 across the line? Is it worth sprinting for? Can you say you won the Cat 5 division or race? It's hard being a Cat 5.:sad:
If you look at results on usacycling.org you'll see overall and category specific placings for mixed category races. As to whether it's worth it to you personally to sprint for the top Cat5 position that's a question only you can answer.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
As I understand it:

Overall placement counts towards upgrade points.
Category placement counts towards awards (if there are any, and I've seen this only rarely).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.