Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I mix old and new Campag. I was hoping to be able to use c-record cranks and rear mech and delta brakes with modern record ergo levers and 10 speed chain/cassette and a modern record 103mm b/b?

Please e-mail me at [email protected] with any comments as I don't always get onto the internet (no PC at home etc). Thanks.

·
Registered
777 Posts
DannyBoy said:
Can I mix old and new Campag. I was hoping to be able to use c-record cranks and rear mech and delta brakes with modern record ergo levers and 10 speed chain/cassette and a modern record 103mm b/b?

Please e-mail me at [email protected] with any comments as I don't always get onto the internet (no PC at home etc). Thanks.
As requested, I e-mailed this to you, but I figured I'd post it here, in case anybody else was wondering. We do get this question in the shop from time to time. People seem to really like the C-Record cranks and Delta brakes.

The answer is:

Yes and no. Campy chainrings are still 135 mm BCD, so 10-speed rings will fit fine. Campy brifters will pull Deltas just fine. The only issue is the BB.

Campy's taper hasn't changed, but the left / right symmetry is different. I can't remember if they used to be symmetrical and are now asymmetrical, or vice-versa, but your choices at this point are either an older cup-and-cone Campy BB, or a Phil Wood.

Of course, this leaves you to choose one or the other of the two finest bottom brackets ever made, so it's not THAT much of a bummer.

--Shannon, who "Wood" get the Phil, in
San Diego, CA

·
angel of the morning
2,984 Posts
tub-ee and robs are spot on ....

i too use the campy record brake-only carbon levers with delta brakes and the record carbon sleeved track bb (111mm) with c-record cranks.

the modern brake levers offer an improvement when used with delta's and the bottom bracket fits as it should, remember there are 2 versions of the record 111mm BB - one for the record triple which is asymetrical and the other being the symetrical track version with tapers equal to the old c-record style bb.

ciao

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.