·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is all.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
If you are referring to Little Debbie's Moon Pies those are the bomb. If there are other moon pies out there then I ain't sure I know of what you are speaking.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Little Debbie moon pies are a rip off of the real ones. The originals are waaaay better.

www.moonpie.com

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Cool, my friend mentioned these to me. He used to fill all his empty storage compartments with the things when he was rolling around in his M-1 Abrams. Said it is the number one food source for tankers. I've got to order some or see if someone here in town sells them.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have a Po Folks restaurant they have 'em there. We have 'em at the cheap ******* grocery places, but most people don't.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
paint said:
That is all.
Paint...where you been all this time? I like your sense of humor.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's classified information, tyvm.

Edit:Also, I like that was your mother a lot. Just the right touch of the zydeco feel.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have no idea what the sweet potato queens are, but I make a mean sweet potato pie.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
the little debbie ones are easy to find, moon pies are harder to find. truck stops always have them.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Friction_Shifter said:
.....I uhh changed my avatar to a moon pie and picked up this really cool chic...
Yes. This is how reality usually works.

Are you sure those are even moon pies? they look like little debbies to me.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ah, that makes sense. I was thinking they were a bit too tall proportionally. But if they're double deckers that's a different story (hard to tell with a small picture). And unlike reeses (which are only good in the exact size the originals are sold in because of proportion of pb to chocolate), moon pies are good in most any ingredient proportion.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
they are the double deckers. got them off moon pies web page. They look really good right now.
The double deckers are harder to get out of your jersey pocket. I was stationed in SC for four years and lived in a rural area that had mom and pop groceries all over the place. The coating, whether vanilla, chocolate, or banana resisted heat nicely and the cellophane wrapper is easy to handle at 20+ mph. Didn't seem odd at all while riding through Goose Creek and Moncks Corner.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
I'm on a moon pie mission

while I'm fairly certain I've had them before I just can't remember. All this talk has got me craving some. So I will be on a moon pie mission until I find them. Let's hope they've got some in columbus ohio...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts