Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
BikerFox Wannabe
Joined
·
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question has been raised before in numerous threads: Why do we have a seperate forum for doping? The recent events on the Pro Tour reveal that doping is endemic in the sport. To talk about pro cycling these days IS to talk about doping?
I'm not trying to make trouble here. Just a straight forward question.
 

·
BS the DC
Joined
·
1,426 Posts
zero85ZEN said:
This question has been raised before in numerous threads: Why do we have a seperate forum for doping? The recent events on the Pro Tour reveal that doping is endemic in the sport. To talk about pro cycling these days IS to talk about doping?
I'm not trying to make trouble here. Just a straight forward question.
It was once thought that pro cycling was clean and that only a few cyclists were doping. Now that we know differently, it's time to merge the forums.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,055 Posts
bsdc said:
It was once thought that pro cycling was clean and that only a few cyclists were doping. Now that we know differently, it's time to merge the forums.
No. I think fact-based discussions, such as recent suspension of Basso and Ullrich, belong to the main forum.

Guesses, hunches, rumors, idle speculations, six-degrees-of-separation games based on "guilt by association" should be reserved to the doping forum.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,853 Posts
We moderators are all dopers.

We set up a forum to sit around in an aromatic haze, get the munchies and chat. Then all the pro cyclists started to dope too (but the dope they were using didn't make them any happier-more fools they) so everyone wanted in on our forum.

It just doesn't pay to be a doper any more. :yikes:
 

·
BikerFox Wannabe
Joined
·
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
True, true...

MB1 said:
We set up a forum to sit around in an aromatic haze, get the munchies and chat. Then all the pro cyclists started to dope too (but the dope they were using didn't make them any happier-more fools they) so everyone wanted in on our forum.

It just doesn't pay to be a doper any more. :yikes:
...back in my heyday I did perfer a different type of dope too.
 

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
Joined
·
7,749 Posts
zero85ZEN said:
....guess I didn't follow proper protocol.

Not at all. I was teasing you... didn't really think they'd move the thread.

Here's the dumb part. Someone posts a thread in a forum asking a question of administrators or moderators. It gets read long enough to be moved, but as far as I know, usually not answered! :)
 

·
cyclist
Joined
·
1,706 Posts
I'll respond.

AJL hit it on the head, "it's all about the signal to noise ratio".

But yeah, with the recent news, it may seem like all Pro Cycling is doping. But there is still plenty of stuff to be discussed <i>besides</i> who's doping and who's not.

All the current hoopla about doping, this too shall pass.

-g
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top