Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hors Categorie
613 Posts
Look for the Campagnolo Shamal 8-speed wheel from that era. The graphics go *perfectly* with that frame.

You can also try late 1980s C-Record with Deltas or Cobaltos (I take back the Delta comment.. it won't look great on that small frame). That would be beautiful too, but that would not have ErgoPower.

They have a 11-Speed Campagnolo Athena in complete silver (but unfortunately not the Ergolevers). I'm buying a set or two of that, and it will look stunning on that bike, along with silver Zonda wheels.

Don't forget the shiny Record Titanium seatpost from the mid-1990s. Its great seeing that your wife needs just a short post.

·
Hors Categorie
613 Posts
My wife swears by this saddle. You may want to let your wife try this Fizik Vitesse HP Wing-Flex Ti female-specific saddle. The Ti rails help offset the weight of the wide extra padding, limiting it to 265 grams. And it comes in gold too (just kidding.. ) :p

There's also a carbon version that weighs 199 grams... but weight savings can't be that much of a priority.

·
Hors Categorie
613 Posts
Colnago Master Piu
Approx. 1987 through 1992 or so. Your wife's bike features the Precisa straight fork, which tells me its a final year bike (older ones have the curved fork.. straight fork only after 1991).
Columbus Gilco, drawn to Ernesto's specs. First frame to lauch the "Decor" paint craze.
I believe it was launched around the time of 8-speed C-Record with 130 mm rear triangle
Master Piu approximates Master "Plus" It pre-dates Master Olympic aka Master Light, which pre-dates Master X-Light (which is almost exactly the same exact frame as Master Light.. go figure.. no changes in 18 years.. except it costs $2200 now instead of $800 !!).
I have the original Master, but no Master Piu. The original Master is slightly heavier (they are all boat anchors when it comes to weight lol).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts