Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
I watched it regularly back in olden times. Some of the best moments were when the cast lost it. Recently I was reading an article about how the Producer of SNL was upset with the cast for cracking up during a skit. Apparently its called "going Burnett" in the biz

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Tim Conway usually held it together pretty well. The other guy (drawing a blank) was always cracking up, and that got annoying after a while.

I give tons of credit to comedians, it's an underrated skill being able to deliver lines w/o losing it.

·
Schuylkill Trail Bum
5,142 Posts
Tim Conway usually held it together pretty well. The other guy (drawing a blank) was always cracking up, and that got annoying after a while.

I give tons of credit to comedians, it's an underrated skill being able to deliver lines w/o losing it.
Harvey Korman.

Over the weekend, I saw what Carol B said was the funniest sketch they ever did. It was Conway as a dentist and Korman as a guy with a toothache.

It was brilliant. I thought Korman was going to tear a muscle trying to hold back laughs.

Here's a partial video of it I just found on youtube:

·
Satanic Watch Winder
4,839 Posts
These are some of those scenes where Tim Conway decided to completely abandon the script. The cast new it could happen at any moment. They just had to figure out how they were going to survive it and continue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts