Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the opportunity to ride in our local 4th of July parade... they're pretty liberal with the entry process... so I entered... dressed as a gorilla handing out bananas to the kids along the route. Fun, even if I did have to spend some time picking fur out of my Olmo's front derailleur and chainrings afterward!

singlecross

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FatTireFred said:
nobody's looking at the olmo... sad
I forgot to mention that I recruited a fun, attractive college aged girl friend from work to help hand out the fruit wearing a coconut bra and a grass skirt... they are probably looking at her :arf: . No, I have no pics of her and even if I did...:nono:

singlecross

·
angel of the morning
2,992 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
The monkey suit is nice .....
Quote of the year !!!! :D

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Thanks for teasing us.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dave Hickey said:
The monkey suit is nice but I REALLY like the bike...What is that?
It's an Olmo competition circa 1984?/ Columbus SL/ Campy Victory bought new by my stepmother as a triathelon bike in SoCal. She competed at the national level as a masters racer back then but all the running took its toll and two years ago she had double knee replacement. I offered to rebuild the bike for her to rehab on as it had been sitting unused for about 10 years but she said her roadie days were past and it should get passed on to someone who would appreciate it. She gave it to me to rebuild and enjoy. A very nice gift that gets pulled out every couple of weeks when the mood strikes.

singlecross

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.