Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
~ Do'in it in da Dirt ~
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The start of something really fun!

First up: A vintage Raleigh Road, mustered with old crusty, rusty bits, originally a burnt rust metallic color! Ready for resto and some new colors.

Had it out chasing railbeds today. It's amazing how quick it steers and the steel frame absorbs all the dirt chatter! Of course never meant for this kind of abuse and not much room for the Redline cheap-o tires out back. Braking is best when dry, but none the less not going very fast just enjoying the historic by-gone railroad scenery.

Probably hit up the net for some history of the bike kind since I grabbed this years ago from a local shop and the owner had no idea what it was.

All for now, more to come!

·
~ Do'in it in da Dirt ~
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello MonsterCrosser,
It appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Ok...
...here's a race report.

Race 3 Fire and Ice of the River Town Race series...

... was a blast, starting time was 7 PM, yes a night CX race, cool stuff or should I say cold stuff, frozen, fast ground was a great thing, even had a FIRE JUMP, one trail was supposed to go really close to the river, but the river had other ideas, and rose covering that section in foot deep water, not fun in 12 degree weather!

Rode the 1 hour deal, had lot's o fun chasing people around the course!

Got a pic of a few friends and the start as well as the infamous Fire Jump!, sorry about the start pic being blurry, the guy said go, and I had to go!... LOL

MonsterCrosser's
Rides and Adventures continues...

·
~ Do'in it in da Dirt ~
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Old Raleigh's never die...

...they just become Coaster Crossers!:D

The Gravel Grinder is too much fun and coasting in it is like being a kid again, skidding around today, lot's of rainy weather made for a fun muddy mess. Great views of colors today the Bare steely blue frame among the greens, browns, blues, and whites with the sun poking out for some highlights. Although I did stop for a break at the Orange Rocks! Only saw one guy fish'in he seemed as surprised as I was to see another person out in the gravel.:eek:

MonsterCrosser said:
I use my Feet to, Stop and Go, Stand to Shift...
...but Coasting is my Favorite Gear!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.