Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one else here up just before sunrise this morning. The slim cresent moon was sitting right atop Venus. Just beautiful! Wish I had a camera able to take a decent shot of it. Any of you sky photogs here get one? I've been searching around the interwebs but haven't found one so far.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
useless without pics.

i wasn't outside yet. i would have looked if i had known.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Well, it's almost tomorrow for me right now so that's useless!

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
theBreeze said:
Any one else here up just before sunrise this morning. The slim cresent moon was sitting right atop Venus. Just beautiful! Wish I had a camera able to take a decent shot of it. Any of you sky photogs here get one? I've been searching around the interwebs but haven't found one so far.
I was taking pix of the sunrise this morning and noticed how nice Venus and the moon looked.

I was shooting with the sunrise at my back when I got this one but tonight I will look over the few images I took that may have caught Venus and the moon.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,287 Posts
Saw it. It did catch my attention out the window for sure. Very "crescenty" crescent moon.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
MB1 said:
I was taking pix of the sunrise this morning and noticed how nice Venus and the moon looked.

I was shooting with the sunrise at my back when I got this one but tonight I will look over the few images I took that may have caught Venus and the moon.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
O.k. here we go. The full image and a close up of the celestial glory,

·
Twitterpated
3,116 Posts
It was beautiful and I wished for a good camera. If the crescent moon were a bow, Venus was perfectly positioned to be the tip of an arrow.

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
interesting. A couple hours later here in NM Venus was even closer, almost touching the lower edge of the cresent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts