Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Deliciously Ironic
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my pictures are no way as nice as MB1's, but I was absolutely struck by the dead calm of the Lake this morning, and the light. It was beautiful and creepy...not a sound.

·
.·*°¤`*·.·*´¤°*·.·*°¤`*·.
2,042 Posts
super neat!! that was a cool idea to call it what you did, definitely adds to the "vision"

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
Nice pics. I'm fortunate enough to have a lake front house, although not on L. Michigan. I like it when the lake is like that. It's just like a mirror, and it's almost always in the morning before the winds pick up. Glad you captured it so well.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Beautiful shots but I found myself laughing at myself because I didn't recognize the 'beach' as ICE until a few frames down. We don't see much of that here in Louisville on the Ohio. McFly? McFly?

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
Mr Bentwrench said:
Beautiful shots but I found myself laughing at myself because I didn't recognize the 'beach' as ICE until a few frames down. We don't see much of that here in Louisville on the Ohio. McFly? McFly?
Took me a bit too.

I'm in Tucson where ice is confined to margarita glasses!

M

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
I don't get it. Why is this post not in the lounge? :D

·
Registered
793 Posts
I live a couple blocks from the lake a few blocks north of the cheddar curtain. I spend most of my riding time looking for hills to climb. Where are the best climbs in Chicagoland? Are there any? There's one a Fox River Trail by South Elgin I know of...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Nice picts....I grew up on the "North Shore" and would venture into the city often. The picts remind me of the lakefront just north of Oak St. beach. Thanks for the memories...been over 20 years since I called the windy-city "home".

·
Registered
738 Posts
saddle tramp said:
I live a couple blocks from the lake a few blocks north of the cheddar curtain. I spend most of my riding time looking for hills to climb. Where are the best climbs in Chicagoland? Are there any? There's one a Fox River Trail by South Elgin I know of...
The only hills in Chicagoland are simulated hills...aka, riding into a stiff head wind.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts