Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Teh Indysteel's been buggin' me, so I figured it was time to put the pics up. She recently picked herself up a new Moots compact, thusly making me very jealous.

I tried to counter by putting my '09 Force and new White Industries/Velocity Ærohead wheels on my current bike. It hurts. But SRSLY, I'd already planned on the upgrades, having become very tired of the old Tiagra stuff and porky Ritchey wheels.

I'll start with her bike....she'll have to fill in the details!

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kykr13 said:
I'm not even sure what this is - doesn't matter, cool shot! Great welds on the Moots too.
FSA Orbit-X. See the "F"? :)

I was having fun with the new Tokina 100mm macro.

·
Meow!
1,449 Posts
terry b said:
There's just something about a Moots.
I agree. Of course, that's my Moots in the photos, so I'm a little biased. Minus some issues I'm having with the Centaur ErgoLevers (I may be the only person who doesn't find them comfortable), I absolutely love the bike.

G

·
They are both lovely bikes ( Sorry Girchy , but .........) the Moots is by far the prettier of the two.

I assume there will be a name change soon for the user formerly known as IndySteel ??

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Now if you get Red shifters, you might be all set! :D

I didn't know SRAM brake calipers weren't compatible with DA 7800 actually. Random point though.

·
Twitterpated
3,116 Posts
Indysteel, your Moots is spectacular! Your choice of red accents look great. I'm glad I stayed up late.

Girchy, your close-up photos are amazing. You did a lot of cool things with the colors. You could do this professionally, ya know?

Thanks,
Tshirt

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Lovely, lovely Moots! Congrats on such a beautiful new bike, indy.

But I've gotta say, that Jamis is one of the prettiest shades of blue paint I've ever seen on a bicycle.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
These shots are awesome.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
toomanybikes said:
They are both lovely bikes ( Sorry Girchy , but .........) the Moots is by far the prettier of the two.
I know, I know. Would be even prettier with blue accents though.

lets_ride said:
But I've gotta say, that Jamis is one of the prettiest shades of blue paint I've ever seen on a bicycle.
At least someone likes mine! :p I love that color myself and want to get it repainted the same shade whenever I end up needing it.

·
Goodbye, Pork Pie Hat
4,614 Posts
Damn, Indy....nice bike! I love that ****ing headbadge!

Girch, as always, beautiful shots. You're my hero. xoxo

·
Meow!
1,449 Posts
Thanks for posting pictures of the Moots (finally :) ), Girchy! They look great as per usual! How weird though. When I opened this thread last night on my Crackberry, the first group of photos didn't show up, so I'm seeing them for the first time this morning. Kykr13's comment about the Moots' welds makes much more sense now. :)

Thanks to all of you for the compliments on my new baby! She is purty. I still can't believe she's mine. As Girchy will attest, the process of designing and building the bike was stressful at times. I sweated nearly every decision. Thank goodness I didn't have to choose a paint scheme. That would have sent me over the edge.

And, L_R, I agree with you that Girchy's Jamis is a gorgeous shade of blue!

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Great pics Girch.

I have seen that Moots in person & it looks even better than the great pics show.

Well thought out execution.

Len

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
super-nice bikes (I'm a big Ti fan, Indy!), and stunning photograohy by Girchy. Maybe I'll get to see them in person one day.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts