Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that pros don't use Moots? It is because Moots is too small to provide a team with a large quantity of bikes? Because their TT bikes are not aero?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I think the main reason Moots is not an equipment sponsor is because they don't really need the advertising. They have more than enough business as it is, evidenced by the wait time.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pavedroad said:
I think the main reason Moots is not an equipment sponsor is because they don't really need the advertising. They have more than enough business as it is, evidenced by the wait time.
That's another reason I figured... They are making bikes as fast as they can already.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Yup. It seems as though they are already at or near production capacity, and I don't know that they'd have the budget or production resources to outfit a team. It really wouldn't gain 'em nuttin' anyway.

I got mine, and that's all that really matters to any of us, here, anyway.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just returned from a snowboarding vaca in Steamboat Springs, CO, and I took the Moots factory tour. It was one of the coolest things i have ever done. They are also super cool people that work there.

They told me they sponser a youth development team right out of Steamboat. No pro teams though. I would post pics of my tour but, my camera's batteries died!:mad: Oh well, I had a great experience though.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
jnims29 said:
I just returned from a snowboarding vaca in Steamboat Springs, CO, and I took the Moots factory tour. It was one of the coolest things i have ever done. They are also super cool people that work there.

They told me they sponser a youth development team right out of Steamboat. No pro teams though. I would post pics of my tour but, my camera's batteries died!:mad: Oh well, I had a great experience though.
....so that begs the question, "If you don't already own a Moots, how long before you order one?" They are cool there. Muy laid back.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well...right now i ave other major purchases to buy before i get a new bike. One is a house, a ring, and a wedding. Then, after that hello new moots.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts