Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figured we could create one thread to post your Moots...this is one of my Moots, I'm building up a new one as I type and will post when it's done...

Let's see 'em!!!

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Great idea!
Cheers, Wayne

·
FTMD
283 Posts
Ha. Don't knock me....

Here's mine. This was the most initial build ever.

Tires now match. It's got stainless steel cages now, instead of those ugly black one. Moots layback post with a saddle that's level. Got a garmin 305, so the ugly zip-ties and computer wires are all gone too.

Other than that, 57.5 Vamoots, with DA9 and Open Pros.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Late to post...

but here it is. I built it up at the beginning of the summer and I'm just getting around to the photos.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Ok, I figure it's high time to add my Moots to this thread too. I got this bike about a year and a half ago now, and I still smile every time I ride.

·
la dolce vita
2,316 Posts
Winter project

I just recently finished swapping out 9 speed Dura Ace/7701 wheels for 2007 Campy Record/Eurus on my 2001 Vamoots. Its just like having a new bike. Now if only the snow will melt.

·
la dolce vita
2,316 Posts
ah!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Its like bronzing a gold medal or painting a brick house. Oh the insanity. :cryin:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I thought it might get that kind of response. :) Sent it off to Spectrum Powder Works in Colorado cause I just wanted some color. Can't see it in the picture, but there's some nice effect in the paint. Granted, it does hide those beautiful welds. If it is any consolation, I fitted the Moots seatpost right after the picture.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
cazdrvr said:
I thought it might get that kind of response. :) Sent it off to Spectrum Powder Works in Colorado cause I just wanted some color. Can't see it in the picture, but there's some nice effect in the paint. Granted, it does hide those beautiful welds. If it is any consolation, I fitted the Moots seatpost right after the picture.
I like it, it's a great paint job. Can't beat Spectrum.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for the nice words. I expected just the color, but they added a little sparkle that stands out in brighter sunight. I had scraped the frame in a wreck and considered having it re-done by Moots, but really liked the celeste Bianchi color schemes. I found out about Spectrum from the RBR forums.

1 - 20 of 295 Posts