I am planning on ordering a Vamoots CR in the next month. I am planning on going with rim brakes for a few reasons:
1. It is a Tried and True brake system that has been refined over the past few decades.
2. I do not ride in the rain.
3. I live in the flat midwest, so there are no screaming descents to melt rims on.
4. I prefer the aesthetics of rim brakes over discs.
5. Disc technology is still new and quickly evolving.
My suggestion to you:
If you plan to ride in inclement weather, ride mountains, then consider discs. If not i think you will be fine with rim brakes. But this is really something you will need to assess for yourself since you know what you are looking for in your new Moots.
I recently bought a disc bike for my house in the mountains [it will live there], i am surprised at how much I like have disc brakes on my road bike. I see no reason not to make the change. I don't think you'll regret that decision.
FWIW the Moots DR was #2 on my list in the end, came down to $$ did not want to spend the extra. Either way great bike.
A forum community dedicated to Road Bike owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about bike parts, components, deals, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!