Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just build a couple of weeks ago, the whole set up, included cateye strada, is 14 pounds 04.
brand new RSL fork 2011. The frame is a custom 50': TT 520 / ST 410 / HT 115. RSL stem is 100 mm/-6° (121 gr). wheelset is the CORIMA MCC 980 gr (12 spokes). Vittoria tubular 21 mm.
groupo is Super Record 2011 including full carbon rear derailleur and titanium spindle crankset.
ZIPP SL handelbar short reach at 170 gr and sweet ergonomy.
SPEEDPLAY zero ti at 160 gr. KING ti waterbottle cage. FIZIK aliante saddle, for ultimate confort.

·
Registered
180 Posts
If I had the funds to build a "cost is no object" bike the RSL would be in my top 5. Very beautiful bike.

Mine would be:
RSL Frame
Campy Super Record
Envie tubulars 45F/66R (back up / winter wheels two way fit fulcrums run tubeless)
Look Carbon Blade Pedals / Unless Garmin gets the Metrigear pedal based power system out.
Moots seatpost & Stem with Blue accents
Blue Chris King headset
3T Ergosum carbon bars
Salle Italia SLR flow saddle or Specialized Toupe (I've loved mine for 3 years)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rsl

roadie01 said:
If I had the funds to build a "cost is no object" bike the RSL would be in my top 5. Very beautiful bike.

Mine would be:
RSL Frame
Campy Super Record
Envie tubulars 45F/66R (back up / winter wheels two way fit fulcrums run tubeless)
Look Carbon Blade Pedals / Unless Garmin gets the Metrigear pedal based power system out.
Moots seatpost & Stem with Blue accents
Blue Chris King headset
3T Ergosum carbon bars
Salle Italia SLR flow saddle or Specialized Toupe (I've loved mine for 3 years)
great built what you've got in mind here.
I also have a set of MAVIC COSMIC ULTIMATE and a set of REYNOLDS KOM. I like the CORIMA but a little too stiff for my weight (115 pounds), yet I put a little less air in the tubulars and that's it.....
I have several bicycles, I ordered a LOOK 695 mondrian color in shimano Di2. I was thinking may be for the 695 of a set of the tubeless shimano 35 wheelset. yet I love the tubular feel though.
we also have for winter a BMC pro machine, record 11 and fenders (SKS) with handmade wheelset (DT 240/mavic reflex silver and DT aerolite spokes with vittoria "Roubaix" 24 mm tubular)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BB creak

well Billy, I do have some BB noise, but it has been the bicycle weak point in general.
most bike make BB creak, quitter or louder.
I've done around 3000 km, another 1000 km and I'll change the chain.
all in all, it isn't too bad, but I'm lightweight and have moderate power.

Hey Greybicycle

Nice looking ride!

Are you having good success with the Campy 68x46 PF30 adapter cups? Any creaking and movement issues?

Cheers

HillBilly

·
titanium junkie
661 Posts
That is my frame size indeed but I am 5'6" weighing in at around 130 lb so you beat me to the weight. I also have a custom compact Moots similar to yours but mine was custom designed by me on CAD from scratch with a 72 degree head and 75 degree seat. It is a frame that I am planning on taking it to heaven with me. Yours is very nice!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
just build a couple of weeks ago, the whole set up, included cateye strada, is 14 pounds 04.
brand new RSL fork 2011. The frame is a custom 50': TT 520 / ST 410 / HT 115. RSL stem is 100 mm/-6° (121 gr). wheelset is the CORIMA MCC 980 gr (12 spokes). Vittoria tubular 21 mm.
groupo is Super Record 2011 including full carbon rear derailleur and titanium spindle crankset.
ZIPP SL handelbar short reach at 170 gr and sweet ergonomy.
SPEEDPLAY zero ti at 160 gr. KING ti waterbottle cage. FIZIK aliante saddle, for ultimate confort.
Very nice ride! My next bike is going to be Ti. How do you like it so far? Anything you'd do different?

G

·
What is the rake of your fork?

That is my frame size indeed but I am 5'6" weighing in at around 130 lb so you beat me to the weight. I also have a custom compact Moots similar to yours but mine was custom designed by me on CAD from scratch with a 72 degree head and 75 degree seat. It is a frame that I am planning on taking it to heaven with me. Yours is very nice!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts