1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
498 Posts
HammerTime-TheOriginal said:
B*tching!!!

Is that a 51 or a 49?
I believe it is a 51

Very nice C-40 congrats!
I told you I bet you would keep the 585 & pass the R3 ;)
It is just the quality is so far ahead on the Looks. Nothing against Cervelo per se'
They are a young company & have come a long way in a short time.
But Look has been at this awhile & it really comes through.

The color is interesting in the outdoor light. It is not really red-red is it?
Almost a bit of pink coral color coming through.

Congrats again isn't a new ride of this caliber the best? :D

PS: any idea where you are weight wise with this build?

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Hi C-40
Whats up with that seat being pushed so far forward. I know you are the king of geometry questions and havebeen the fit question king nailed but it looks like the seat is pushed way forward. :) Great looking bike btw!

· Registered
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
not too forward...

The angle of these pics is deceptive. Part of the look is due to the fact that the FSA clamp system has a lot of material far behind the back end of the clamp. The saddle is a Fizik Gobi with rails that extend forward more than most saddles. I have 1.5cm of rail behind the clamp and 2.5 in front. With another brand of saddle this might be perfectly centered. The only other 2-bolt posts with less setback are the kinda ugly, like the Thomson bent post or one of the many straight-up designs, which would be even worse, but the opposite direction. I won't use a single bolt model. The angle adjustment sucks.

I'm also debating on getting a 10mm shorter stem and moving the saddle back about 5mm for net decrese in reach of 5mm. Right now I've got at least 5mm more reach than I'm used to and it will take awhile to see if I can handle it.

· LOOK lover
625 Posts
C-40 said:
I'm also debating on getting a 10mm shorter stem and moving the saddle back about 5mm for net decrese in reach of 5mm. Right now I've got at least 5mm more reach than I'm used to and it will take awhile to see if I can handle it.
Given how far forward your saddle is I think that would be a good idea, especially if your current stem length is greater than 100mm.

Man, that's a RED bike. No doubt a real eye catcher in person. I'm a red man myself, but I almost think black tires and bar tape (or at least red/black two-tone) would give a nicer color balance. I have the white Credit Agricole 585 frame with lots of red accents (some posters thought too much) - I still have the red/black tires but switched to white handlebar tape, and I think it looks better.

· Registered
217 Posts
More Pics w/ ES

Can you post a new picture or two showing off the ES wheelset? I'd like to see how the bike looks. Can't make up my mind between the red/red (is it too flashy too much bling) or going with a simple color like the white?

· Game on, b*tches!
13,528 Posts
Jebeesus.

You guys are are reel bad influence. I know now why I avoid this forum. Me wants one. Bad. Sweet bike, BTW.

· Registered
217 Posts
Cranks

Thanks. Can you calculate the load difference between your 133 lb. frame and a 6'-3", 215lb. frame :)

In any event, I can't wait to get my 585 Team Agricole frame (57 cm, XL) w/ Dura-Ace built. I went with FSA "K" components for the stem, handlebars and seat post. Just trying to decide on a set of black wheels (trying to avoid Mavics, if possible). Everyone at the LBS seem to concur that Mavic's are easier to service. Is this true or does Mavic have a marketing monopoly. Everyone seems to complain about American Classics, Easton and the likes. So my choices are Dura-Ace 7801 SL's, Ksyrium ES, or older Ksyrium SSC (used), FSA RD-600 (does American Classic provide the hubs?)?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.