Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes, this confirms i'm a moreon. after the last one, i decided, no more rescues.

well, the momma and SEVEN pups were dumped at a lake where a coworker and her fiance were camping. :rolleyes: mama is a bluetick coonhound (like my Skye) and pups appear to be bluetick/aus shep mixed. about six weeks old and around 12 pounds, healthy according to the vet. i'm fetching the last two this evening as they are not adopted and the initial rescuer could not keep them (she has two dogs and is taking momma as the third).

reckon this'll be my first time with pups. i couldn't help it. ;)

bad pic, but it's all i gots right now. more later. :smooches:

-Teh J's

·
Banned
7,890 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
yes, this confirms i'm a moreon. after the last one, i decided, no more rescues.

well, the momma and SEVEN pups were dumped at a lake where a coworker and her fiance were camping. :rolleyes: mama is a bluetick coonhound (like my Skye) and pups appear to be bluetick/aus shep mixed. about six weeks old and around 12 pounds, healthy according to the vet. i'm fetching the last two this evening as they are not adopted and the initial rescuer could not keep them (she has two dogs and is taking momma as the third).

reckon this'll be my first time with pups. i couldn't help it. ;)

bad pic, but it's all i gots right now. more later. :smooches:

-Teh J's
what a cute dog! (paint will marry you). it will grow beautifull. i love those spots and mixed colors. multicolored dogs are hypnotic. shepperd character is great: calm and controlled.
now.. take all your shoes to the highest possible place in the house. and take away the furniture. puppies CHEW.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Ya big softie! ;)

I bet they adopt out quickly - pic is adorable.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
colker1 said:
what a cute dog! (paint will marry you). it will grow beautifull. i love those spots and mixed colors. multicolored dogs are hypnotic. shepperd character is great: calm and controlled.
now.. take all your shoes to the highest possible place in the house. and take away the furniture. puppies CHEW.
+2=4. more rescues than i've had in the house before. should be "entertaining".

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
snapdragen said:
Ya big softie! ;)

I bet they adopt out quickly - pic is adorable.
i kinda hope they adopt out quick, and also not. they are cuties. :)

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Wouldn't want to ship her to PA would you?? She's a cutie. My wife would divorce me, fer sure.

·
Banned
7,890 Posts
Kram59 said:
Wouldn't want to ship her to PA would you?? She's a cutie. My wife would divorce me, fer sure.
coonhound and aus shepperd? you'll get yourself a great guardian.. possibly a very active dog so a good yard would be great. shipping dogs is not that big deal.. mayeb J could wait a month to ship so he gets stronger. females are better guardians, i heard..

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
A Moreon with a big heart! Congrats J's and goodonya for sharing your home...again.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
colker1 said:
coonhound and aus shepperd? you'll get yourself a great guardian.. possibly a very active dog so a good yard would be great. shipping dogs is not that big deal.. mayeb J could wait a month to ship so he gets stronger. females are better guardians, i heard..
both pups are female. no shots yet (it's on my list) tho they are clean and i've de-ticked them (eww). keeping them together (litter of seven) was not possible, nor was taking in the mother. she has been taken to a no-kill shelter by the nice folks who saved them.

one is soft like a bunny (LOL i got them on easter day) and the other is wire-haired. updated pics tomorrow.

i kenneled them together overnight in a very large wire kennel (i have three large kennels). woke up this morning and found them sleeping in a wary, furry of puppy ball. :)

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
both pups are female. no shots yet (it's on my list) tho they are clean and i've de-ticked them (eww). keeping them together (litter of seven) was not possible, nor was taking in the mother. she has been taken to a no-kill shelter by the nice folks who saved them.

one is soft like a bunny (LOL i got them on easter day) and the other is wire-haired. updated pics tomorrow.

i kenneled them together overnight in a very large wire kennel (i have three large kennels). woke up this morning and found them sleeping in a wary, furry of puppy ball. :)
that's really cool of you...strays are so hard to not take in...best of luck in finding them a home but sounds like they're happy where they are. :)

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
I want the furry one!! MORE PICS!

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Now that just pi$$es me off.

haiku d'etat said:
the momma and SEVEN pups were dumped at a lake
-Teh J's
Is it ok to love dogs and hate their owners?

MB1
In a hating mood this morning.

·
Banned
7,890 Posts
haiku d'etat said:

are you sure the father is aus shepperd? they are very handsome dogs. i saw a pic and they look a bit like setters.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
haiku d'etat said:

Hey J's,

I am doing the cycling part in the Memphis in May Triatholon and we are "running" for one of the following organizations, I don't know if we picked one yet. Do you know of any being better than the rest? Also, the lady doing the running part is afiliated with the cause, so if you can't find a home for a pup let me know and I will send her an email to see if she can help.

Fayette County - St. Francis Animal Rescue & Refuge
Henderson County - Henderson County Humane Society
Carroll County - individual rescuers

p.s. TOMORROW 6PM SHARP we ride...

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
colker1 said:
are you sure the father is aus shepperd? they are very handsome dogs. i saw a pic and they look a bit like setters.
not sure. the "owner" dropped the mom and entire litter off at a campsite. abandoned them. so we're guessing the mix, but it really doesn't make a difference, they're sweeties (so far) and they could be space aliens for all i care. :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts