Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· likes shiny bikes
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Blah, Blah, Blah
618 Posts
I have to admit, I have hit that "old and cranky" age of cycling. What the hell do we possibly need 11 speeds for? You know you'll need at least a new rear shifter and rear der., cassette, and chain for it all to work right. Make that multiple cassettes since I have multiple wheels.......grrrrrrrrrr just keep it as it is.
I don't mind the looks of the new hoods. What has me wondering though is the price of the new stuff. Competitive Cyclist is saying that cost of the new Dura Ace shifers is giong to be in the $700 range!!!!!!! Just for the shifters. I can buy a full blown centaur group for less then that.
How much is this new Campy setup going to set people back?

· Registered
988 Posts
Price is actually the same but super record is 20% more - and you will need the complete set, thats cranks, fd, chain, rd, cassette, ergos but plus side is that you can use the brakeset and possibly the BB also dont be surprised if the new narrower chain will need a new tool!

· Registered
58 Posts
i'd like to try it

i've got one with 7spd (SR), one with 8 spd (veloce) & one with 10 (record). i'm sure i don't need 10 and I rarely use the 25/23/13/12 on my 10 but i'm not adverse to new stuff. i like the look of the SR 11 and i'd probably rarely use 4 or 5 of the gears but i don't have a problem with new.

· Registered
269 Posts
I can see the 2010 lineup now; The new super-duper, drilled out, 11- 18t "ceramic" sprockets, AND a new chain with carbon fiber plates and ceramic pins, impregnated with hellium ions! Can't wait! But ShimaNO will not be out done in 2010; They will have a special button on their brifters so that, " with just a click of this button you can romove the brifter from the bicycle and use it as a fishing reel; It's the new Dura Bass!"

· Adorable Furry Hombre
32,534 Posts
BLUE BOY said:
I can see the 2010 lineup now; The new super-duper, drilled out, 11- 18t "ceramic" sprockets, AND a new chain with carbon fiber plates and ceramic pins, impregnated with hellium ions! Can't wait! But ShimaNO will not be out done in 2010; They will have a special button on their brifters so that, " with just a click of this button you can romove the brifter from the bicycle and use it as a fishing reel; It's the new Dura Bass!"
And yet in 2010-you STILL won't be able to service you brifter any more meaningfully than with a can of WD40. :)

· Registered
48 Posts
Maybe one upside will be discount prices on the 10s groupo's to get rid of them prior to 11s release. Bring it on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.