Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who pretend to be cooks: I'm sitting here at Grandpa's house looking out to the back yard, and there's a Meyer lemon tree absolutely sagging under the weight of its bounty.
Meyers, as you may know, is the Mercedes-Benz of lemons, from China, thought to be the result of a cross between a lemon and a mandarin, with a lemony but not bitter flavor and an indescribable aroma. They're pretty much all I was exposed to as a kid, and when I finally tasted an ordinary grocery store lemon, I wondered, "What's wrong with THIS?"
"Boy, Bob, lot of lemons on that tree," I say.
"Grumble," he grumbles. "Take all you want. I just rake 'em up and throw 'em away."
I'm thinking two shopping bags full for the drive back to Reno. They won't keep, but it's easy to squeeze and freeze the juice.
Am I bored at Grandpa's sitting here posting about citrus? Well, yes--but tomorrow while we're going over Donner Pass, it's supposed to snow like a b****, so I'll get to put on tire chains.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Might want to pack those lemons and an extra sammich for the Donner Pass....just sayin'

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
the wife makes a killer shaker pie with the meyer lemons :D

highly recommend looking up one of them recipies and giving it a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts