Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Fast No More.
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Been a while since I've posted - nice to be back after wintering over on http://www.bomberonline.com.

Anyway, just finished rebuilding my fixie around an old Bianchi frame, and I was wondering if anyone could help ID it. Here is some pertinent info: the frame is lugged steel and has no braze-ons save for a cable stop on the right chainstay, above the chainstay (at 12 o'clock) that accepts a step-down ferrule. No fittings for bottle cages, cable guides, FD/RD hangers, or shift levers. The fork crown is chromed; everthing else is painted (Celeste). The front and horizontal rear dropouts each have one set of eyelets. Drilled for brakes front and rear, looks to be standard reach. One of my wheels is 27", the other is 700c; they both fit fine with 1-1/8" ~ 28c tires. The BB shell is Italian threaded; no drain hole or threaded hole for a cable guide. The only remaining decal is a white badge on the head tube, bordered in silver, with the eagle in gold and black, the crown in gold and red, "EDOARDO BIANCHI" in white on a red banner across the eagle, and the words "MADE IN ITALY" (in English) across the bottom of the decal. There is a serial number, 2D65600, stamped across the front of the head lug.

Pics to follow when I've got the time to shoot it in good light. Thanks in advance!

Eddie

1 - 1 of 1 Posts