Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspired by Bones here's my rig. It started out with parts I had laying around and quickly got out-of-control. It now has 2 used parts (pedals and seatpost) and everything else is new. I hate when that happens,...not.

·
fuzzy legs
39 Posts
www-mtnpedaler-com said:
Inspired by Bones here's my rig. It started out with parts I had laying around and quickly got out-of-control. It now has 2 used parts (pedals and seatpost) and everything else is new. I hate when that happens,...not.

Holy crap.

That thing is absolutely incredible. Chris King hubs too.

The tires are common from what I see around the board. Are they the michelins?

congrats, that bike is amazing,
b.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

It's one of 3 Ventanas I own. Being 20 miles from the factory does have it's drawbacks. Yeah those are Michelin Mud Cross tires. I'll build a set of tubular wheels for race season and use Tufo tires.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Really nice.

What brand of frame is that? Nice build.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not many.

Seatpost, pedals, and cassette. I had almost a whole build kit from my last cross bike. But those parts are used. A new frame needs new parts. I swiped the seatpost from my road bike. The cassette from my son's road bike and the pedals from my fs. Every time I want to ride my road bike I have to retrive my seatpost. My son will probably notice no cogs on his next ride. My fs is in conversion right now. I'm converting the old frame into a new one. The new frame will be here next week and it will want it's pedals back.

Let's see, food or bike parts this month? Screw it! I can eat next month.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
What I wanna know about is that headset spacer...

...with the CF center and the anodized red ends. Way cool....

Uhhhh--oh, yeah. The rest of the bike is sweeeee-e-e-e-e-eet, too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well,...

I don't plan on him finding out. He just found out he can graduate from high school a couple of months early. So he hasn't been riding, just studying. The new cassette will be here Wed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You like that?

Check out the QRs. Carbon fiber handles with ti skewers, 67 grams. Help me, I have a sickness. Just think in about 6 months it will be all beat up. Almost a shame. I said "Almost".

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Thanks. I didn't see your other post. Nice bike. How are those Michelin cross tires?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pretty nice.

I like them in the mud and loose stuff. They squirm a little on the hardpack but nothing bad. Personally I like Tufos best for racing and Michelin Mud or Jets for the trail. I'm going to try some other cross tires this year. I'm also looking into making cross wheels tubeless (like Stans Notubes). I've got a buddy who rode a set of homemade ones last year and loved them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts