Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
No way. You only get one soccer thread per month.
 

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
lousylegs said:
oh, go back to basketball, you 20 year old
I can't stand basketball, for the record. I watched maybe 5 total minutes of playing time during MM. And you can't pay me to watch a pro game. The only reason MM got any of my attention is I have a vested interest in some of the schools represented.

Nobody cares about your soccer, anyway. Besides, Manchester U owns your wife. ;)
 

·
soy un perdedor
Joined
·
839 Posts
Are you a Man U fan or just looking for some excitement from a season everyone wrote off a month ago?

I still think it's over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RocketDog said:
Are you a Man U fan or just looking for some excitement from a season everyone wrote off a month ago?

I still think it's over.
Not a huge ManU fan, just would be exciting, and the fact that I think Chelsea has become arrogant.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
paint said:
I can't stand basketball, for the record. I watched maybe 5 total minutes of playing time during MM. And you can't pay me to watch a pro game. The only reason MM got any of my attention is I have a vested interest in some of the schools represented.

Nobody cares about your soccer, anyway. Besides, Manchester U owns your wife. ;)
well, as long as it ain't Chelsea, I am fine with that.
 

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
I'm not a huge Man U fan. I'd rather it be arsenal, but I'm trying to keep to the realm of possibility.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,302 Posts
How does EPL compare to Champions League (the other thread)? Do teams from one ever play teams from the other? Just wondering which league is considered better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Friction_Shifter said:
How does EPL compare to Champions League (the other thread)? Do teams from one ever play teams from the other? Just wondering which league is considered better.
The English Premier League (EPL) is the top division of British Football.

The Champions League is an international competition of the best teams from Europe.

So, yeah, the Champions League is better.
 

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
They're not the same thing. Champions League is a cup league. They take something like the top 4 teams from each European league and have a cup playoff.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,302 Posts
so then would a top/the best EPL team join the Champions League at some point/has this ever happened? Or should I think separate....I played soccer thru 8th grade then reffed the lil tikes thru highschool.

I think the answer is yes based on paint's response above.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
paint said:
They're not the same thing. Champions League is a cup league. They take something like the top 4 teams from each European league and have a cup playoff.
ah, ha, see you do know more about soccer than you were letting on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
so then would a top/the best EPL team join the Champions League at some point/has this ever happened? Or should I think separate....I played soccer thru 8th grade then reffed the lil tikes thru highschool.

I think the answer is yes based on paint's response above.
you don't "join" the champions league. you are selected to play in the cup. its a tournament of sorts, not a league. There is a group stage where the field is broken up into different groups of usually 4 teams (i think?) then the top 2 teams from each group move on, and it becomes a regular style tournament, except for it is double elimination (so each team gets 1 home game). in the event of a tie of total goals in a round away goals supercede home goals. the finals is just one game (i believe, played at a neutral site perhaps?)

thats my understanding of it, hope it helps.

and yes, epl teams are playin in the champions cup. arsenal is in the semi-finals.
 

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
I never said I didn't know anything about soccer. I have at least a passing interest in nearly all sports.

I just said you can't have two soccer threads in a month, much less in a day. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
paint said:
I never said I didn't know anything about soccer. I have at least a passing interest in nearly all sports.

I just said you can't have two soccer threads in a month, much less in a day. :p
The second post was just for you, just for you. :D
 

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
It's nice to think you'll go out of your way for me lousy, but you're not my type. Sorry.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top