Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone help me find out if this nice looking, NOS Moser is worth the £400 (approx $650 I think) being asked on ebay? (item no. 130294790768) I think I can make out a Columbus decal on the seat tube. Seller says it reads 'Construzione telai Speciali - Leader' . I was hoping the decal would tell me if the bike was high-end tubing (El nivacrom or something). The bike is '96. Any ideas?

The link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=130294790768

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
william-wyld said:
Hi can anyone help me find out if this nice looking, NOS Moser is worth the £400 (approx $650 I think) being asked on ebay? (item no. 130294790768) I think I can make out a Columbus decal on the seat tube. Seller says it reads 'Construzione telai Speciali - Leader' . I was hoping the decal would tell me if the bike was high-end tubing (El nivacrom or something). The bike is '96. Any ideas?

The link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=130294790768

Nivacrom is a type of Columbus steel. Columbus EL/OS, Genius, Neuron, Nemo, and Max are all made from Nivacrom. Does the seller say what tubeset is used?...

As for price, I'd pay that amount if I were a Moser fan...It's a beautiful frame

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's the problem. If I knew the type of tubing, I would have a better idea about the bike. It could be high- end, or it could be something lumpy like thron. The decal says it's a Leader- but I know there were various models bearing this name.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Get more info

The top-end Mosers were ususally fillet brazed but this one has lugs. Top end frames also had that unusual seat pin with the built in expander bolt while this one has a standard seat cluster. Paint is also suggestive of mid-late 80's.

I would ask for some more photos but first impression would be 400 pounds may be a bit much.

takmanjapan

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yeah, I'm not too sure that's a Leader. If it is, its a very early version, as the previous poster noted, all the Leaders I've ever seen have been fillet brazed.

One thing I can tell you is that is not a Leader from 1996. I have the Moser 1996 catalog and its not in there.

If you're still interested in the frameset, you should check if the rear spacing is 126mm or 130mm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.