Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it rains...it pours.

Spanish radio station Cadena SER is reporting that Vuelta a España runner-up Ezequiel Mosquera tested positive during the race together with one of his Xacobeo-Galicia team-mates.

·
classiquesklassieker
3,106 Posts
spookyload said:
When it rains...it pours.
This is really too bad. I had been enjoying the last few editions of the Vuelta for gutsy rides and great course design.

But is it really a surprise about the latest prodigy of Alvaro Pino, the DS of team Kelme 1992-1999, then Phonak 2002-2005, and now Karpin-Galicia/Xacobeo-Galicia?

Those are teams and periods in which multiple riders were getting caught doping, what with the Manzano affair in Kelme and the Halmilton / Gutierrez affair in Phonak.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
merckxman said:
David Garcia Da Peña AND Ezequiel Mosquera for "'Hydroxyethyl starch" from the control of September 16th at the Vuelta.
Same stuff Sevilla was just popped for, no?

Seems like the dope testers must have got wise or else a new technique has spread thru the peloton.

·
Registered
766 Posts
So.... on a normal day this would be the biggest topic... but not on a day AC is confirmed to be positive.... And not to forget Rico positive again..

·
It's in the game!
2,042 Posts
I watched Mosquera on the last mountain stage and I was amazed on that last climb that he stood up on the pedals for 15km of the total 19km. Even Vaughters tweeted about how "efficient" Mosquera would have to be to stand up that long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts