Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of older Tektro brake levers with hoods on my Country Road Bob. I find the hoods to be a bit narrow and uncomfortable. Does anyone know of a set of levers for drops that have a larger brake hood surface? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14,713 Posts

·
hello
3,394 Posts
+1 on the Tektros. I've got them and the identical Cane Creeks as well. Best levers for the price, IMO. The hoods are very comfortable.

·
Banned
3,060 Posts
I like the shape of the older Campy non-Ergo and Ergo levers. It's a personal preference.

·
Militant commuter
881 Posts
+1 on the Tektro/Cane Creek levers -- big, comfortable hoods! I have these levers installed on three bikes in my "fleet" right now.

There's a fairly well-substantiated rumor that Hudz will be making colored replacement hoods for the R200/ Cane Creek levers, too. Perhaps as soon as April?

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Cool

SilverStar said:
+1 on the Tektro/Cane Creek levers -- big, comfortable hoods! I have these levers installed on three bikes in my "fleet" right now.

There's a fairly well-substantiated rumor that Hudz will be making colored replacement hoods for the R200/ Cane Creek levers, too. Perhaps as soon as April?
Keep us posted if you hear more on that. My cheapo fixie conversion ($5 garage-sale frame), with the rattle-can battleship-gray stealth look, would love some gray hoods to match the gray bar tape.

Of course, the hoods would cost as much as the levers, but sometimes it's fun to splurge on a little thing.

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
+2 on the Tektro levers.
I have the Soma labeled Tektro's on my Soma Rush (naturally). Your LBS can get the Tektro's through QBP, but I doubt they can match the price at treefortbikes.com.

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts

·
Banned
3,060 Posts
BLKMRKET said:
Yeah I see stem adapter attached your bike, what kind of stem adapter's name?
I forget the brand, but Olympic Supply was the distributor. I'll call my LBS tomorrow and find out.

·
Militant commuter
881 Posts
If Hudz makes repro hoods for these levers, they will most likely come in these colors...Ghent Grey looks pretty much like battleship grey to me!

From the Hudz website:
Available Colors: Bastogne Blue (dark), Bordeaux Gold, Brugge Black, Eroica Celeste, Geelong Purple, Ghent Grey, Lausanne Clear, Lombardia Orange, Paris Pink, Plouay Blue (light), Roubaix Red, San Remo Green, Vlaanderen Yellow, and Wallonne White.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts