Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: I was hoping for some advice on selecting carbon ergonomic handlebars. Specifically, I have narrowed my selections to ITM K-Sword, FSA K-wing, and Specialized S-Works SL handlebars. I have checked the reviews here and the only ones listed were the K-wings.

I am more interested in comfort than weight, so weight is not a factor. They are all close enough in price so that is not a factor. I have seen the Specialized bars in the flesh and in addition to the flat tops, I like the slight bend in the drops. Do the other two bars have that bend? It is hard to tell from the pictures available online - I couldn't even tell it was there from the picture on Specialized's website.

I spend most of my time riding on the hoods, so that particular position is the most important one for me.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback from anyone with experience with these bars (especially if you have ridden more than one of them) so that I can make a better comparison before purchasing.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Love the Kwings. I am not familiar with the specialized bars. Kwings have the flat top and are a more traditional curve in drops. Totally comfortable in whatever position I am in. Have riden fast slow long short rides and always feels good.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Modolo

I'd highly recommend the Modolo Curvissima bars... somewhat less flattened than the K-wings but much easier to install (the K-wings are a pain to internally route the cables), and a hell of a lot lighter and stiffer (not that you seem to care about that) with a more even shallower drop (The K-wing has a sharp bend in the drops). I found the tops to be extremely comfortable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
fsa

I have a set of FSA PLASMA handle bars,(1 piece handle bar & stem).I think they have the same profile as the K-WING bars they just look much cooler,they are fantastic ,very comfortable with plenty of different useable hand positions.I had no problem with the internal routing (very easy),they seem stiff and stop road vibration very effectivly,I would recommend them to anyone.There is a wieght limit of 83kg about 180lbs. They go for about $450-520US plus postage on ebay I can get you a set for about $420US plus postage if your interested

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.