Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Old Tunnel Road
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the most stable platform in the Look Keo pedal array? My older carbon Keos seem to have a small platform and are prone to never staying horizontal and spin around too much.

·
Registered
518 Posts
If your definition of "stable" is staying horizontal and not spin around too much, then I don't know if there is one as the Keo design lends itself to be back-heavy, so it tends to rest vertical. The Keo Blade is better balanced as its spring is distributed across the entire pedal rather than just in the back, which can also reduce amount of spinning. It also has the largest platform in the Keo line, so it is "stable" in providing the largest contact surface of all Keo pedals.

I have both Keo Max and Keo Blade and find the Blade tends to squeak more than the Max.

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,426 Posts
Aren't pedals designed by definition to "spin around a lot"? And, as far as the "platform" is concerned, aren't all KEO pedals, like, you know, the SAME DESIGN, so are, like, THE SAME? I mean, if they were different, wouldn't the cleat not fit?

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
My Blades don’t rest toe up, they can be in whatever random position because they aren’t back weighted.. it’s a niggle. Otherwise I really like them. Contact patch isn’t much of a consideration, I wear shoes that don’t flex. I’m not sure what the question is asking, but they don’t spin around much on the spindle?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,426 Posts
Cheaper pedals often have cheap solid nylon bearing surfaces (as opposed to actual ball bearings), so if you actually WANT a pedal that doesn't spin easily, just make certain that you don't buy a pedal that costs more than about $60/pair.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,445 Posts
Cheaper pedals often have cheap solid nylon bearing surfaces (as opposed to actual ball bearings), so if you actually WANT a pedal that doesn't spin easily, just make certain that you don't buy a pedal that costs more than about $60/pair.
SPD-M520 pedals cost $45 and they spin like butter with many thousands of miles on them.

Reactions: frdfandc
1 - 7 of 7 Posts