Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
was just thinking the same thing. no more Faster Bordello, and I can hardly see anyone choosing Sunny Delight (aka Saunier Duval) :)

magnolialover said:
Since Fassa is not a team next year (2006), you might want to pick a different favorite.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
well that's a question of taste

and one mans fave is another mans most hated.
Gerolsteiner ain't bad to me.
I'm still not over the fact that some people liked the Mapei Kits.

Bring Back Domo Farm Frites!

·
Administrator
12,942 Posts
Gerolsteiner!

Also like CSC's gear. But you can't beat the baby blue Gerolsteiner kit.

:)

·
awwww horseapples!!
415 Posts

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Csc

I liked their original kit.when they added the faux ab muscle stuff it lost me. Saeco did the same thing. Other teams who I think went downhill on their kits, Fassa (Navy, Grey and White was better than just Navy and White) Rabobank also comes tomind.You know who has a nice kit, Lotto-Davitamon

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
I don't mind the CSC abs thing. I kind of like the old school simplicity of black/white shorts and red/black/white jersey.

the gerolsteiner outfits don't do much for me. I'm in complete agreement that the Mapei kit was fugly.

Like it or not, Euskatel and T-Mobile have made effective outfits (impact, not aesthetics).

Didn't like the disco kits, but they looked pretty good when you saw 8 of them in a row leading a race.

Never liked Rabos kit, but I'm an ungratefull guest in the Netherlands ;) so i have to see my fare share of rabo-clones riding around the polders.

atpjunkie said:
I liked their original kit.when they added the faux ab muscle stuff it lost me. Saeco did the same thing. Other teams who I think went downhill on their kits, Fassa (Navy, Grey and White was better than just Navy and White) Rabobank also comes tomind.You know who has a nice kit, Lotto-Davitamon

·
pinoy thunder
341 Posts
I don't know why the Quickstep kit appeals to me..
I've always liked Davitamon-Lotto's team kit.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Quick Step

simple. clean and usually you can spot the rider. did it's job.
agree about T-Mob and Euskatel, you can spot them in a crowd. T-Mobs latest (influenced by Jans 1 season in retro Bianchi) is their best yet. I'd never own one, but it's good.

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
actually IIRC their kits since 2004 have had an old school look to them (pink body, white sleeves in 04, the horizontal stripe in 05, and i can't remember what the 06 looks like right now :)).

i'd never buy them, but a friend who works in the sports business has given me some T-Mobile pro issue stuff. I've got a pair of pink/fuscia shorts with black side panels (although they never wore all pink, so i'm not sure who it was made for specifically) that i'll only wear under tights or on the rollers, as well as the complete 2004 kit (i'll wear the shorts sometimes, but the jersey is too big, so i wear it on the rollers, and a t-mobile Mountain Bike team rain jacket (as yet unworn - the tail flap is useless on a road bike IMO).

atpjunkie said:
T-Mobs latest (influenced by Jans 1 season in retro Bianchi) is their best yet. I'd never own one, but it's good.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
yes Old School

since his 2003 season with Bianchi. Bianchi sold a load of those jerseys so T-Mob jumped the design bandwagon when they resigned Jan.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Stand out and stylish

The 2004 Bodysol-Brustor with the light blue and the red across the back of the bibs. Stylish and not too ridiculous. It was cool to see Nico Mattan and a bunch of no names cruising across the cobbled 'bergs in those.

For last year I liked Intel-Action, the Polish team, but chances are they don't exist this year.

·
Misplaced priorities?
352 Posts
Pink never looked so good

I have to agree with everyone else who likes T-Mobile's kit. The pink/magenta is surprisingly easy on the eyes, and Adidas' trademark 3 stripes adds a touch of class to the kit.

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
Kits

I like T-Mobile's kit. I feel that they and Euskatel get the color purpose. To be seen in the peloton. Gerolsteiner and Bouygues Telecom are starting to get it. Some teams like Phonak, Rabobank, and Credit Agricole seem to have the same kit every year. There was a ton of blue last year. From a helicopter it was hard to pick out some teams positions. Discovery, Fassa, Quick Step, Liberty Segurous, all had blue themed kits and globbed together from the air. The one kit that did really stand out was the National champ colors of Khasikstan for Vino at the TdF. That aqua and yellow could have been seen from deep space. Hell, Al Trautwig could have gotten that right!

·
Registered
727 Posts
i really like the quickstep kit-super classy and cool
i have a pair of domina vacanze zebra-striped shorts i got on a good deal that i occasionally use to embarass riding partners

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
ever notice that a team's kit looks better when they are winning? that being said, the early Mapei editions, 1995 ish, when they kept the cubes to a minimum, were nice (think the paris-roubaix 1-2-3). Other classics, in my book, were PDM,Panasonic, and the lime green of Superconfex.

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,882 Posts
Could people just get ride of the lightish bluish kits?

Discovery, Gerolsteiner, Quickstep, now Milram all look okay, when they all get stuck together in a peloton it looks like some kind of funky map -- mostly blue, splashes of bright orange, green, and pink. Yikes.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts