Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
270 Posts
R&A in NY has them aswell, and more colors . I had um and sold um . You will not find angles. They are much shallower then Cinelli ram 85% ... I would guess they are 80% . If you already cut your steerer , it could be tuff to get dialed in .. unless you already ride an 80% stem .. I didn't like , that doesn't mean you won't . Pricey experiment ..If I ever bought an intergrated combo again , it would be the RAM2

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I dont think there is a 120/46 in White anywhere in the world available right now. I just tried both RA, Glory and some Irish crowd called Slane and none had that combo available. Its really difficult to buy MOst components anywhere. I would like to get a side view of what the bars look like to get an idea of the angle.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Freaking Awesome!

Hey Genie,

That is a GORGEOUS Prince you have there!! I too have the same bike, but with the 2008 Campy Record 10 Ultra set up. How do you like the Super Record 11 Ultra set up?

Also, How do you like the fit and feel of the M.O.S.T. Talon bars in comparison with bars you have ridden in the past?

Thanks!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I use the Most Talon handlebars, also with a Prince. I like them a lot. The curves are quite different to other handlebars I've used but they do work well - and the bars look amazingly good on the Prince.

I am also using the Garmin 705. I had it mounted on the Talon extension piece just like in the photo above but found that the one of brake cables was rattling against it. So I removed the extension piece and mounted the Garmin on the stem. Rattle has gone and I think I prefer the look, even if I have to move the eyes a little further to check the screen.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Fuhgetaboudit,

The Super Record is, in my view, the very best groupset ever. I have RED and DA7900 on other bikes, and while both are very good, the SR11 is simply superior. Precise, flexible, strong yet elegant, and beautiful to look at.

The Talon integrated bar has fortunately ideal ergonomics for me, a tricky thing with one piece setups. And of course it looks terrific with the Prince. I have a PRO Stealth integrated bar on my Scott Addict R1, and although it is every bit as good and comfortable as this one, The Talon looks are just better.

You've probably posted pictures of your bike. I'll do a search to see what I can find and enjoy them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
proy,

I foound out that the Garmin 705 is not balanced when put on the mount, so if it's placed on a transversal extension such as the one on the Talon, it'll tend to roll forward when riding over uneven roads if not secured tightly. I went over a bump riding fast yesterday, and as the computer rolled, it snapped from the mount and landed on the middle of a busy road many feet away. By the time I stopped and returned to retrieve it, several vehicles had gone over it already.

I very curious to find out what the Garmin guys will say about that mount tomorrow...

·
Registered
67 Posts
the genie said:
proy,

I foound out that the Garmin 705 is not balanced when put on the mount, so if it's placed on a transversal extension such as the one on the Talon, it'll tend to roll forward when riding over uneven roads if not secured tightly. I went over a bump riding fast yesterday, and as the computer rolled, it snapped from the mount and landed on the middle of a busy road many feet away. By the time I stopped and returned to retrieve it, several vehicles had gone over it already.

I very curious to find out what the Garmin guys will say about that mount tomorrow...
Sorry to hear of your misfortune and thanks for the tip. I am going to keep the 705 on the stem so I should be ok on that front.

I too am interested to hear what Garmin will do. I hope they do the right thing and just send you a new one. Good luck and please let us know.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Talon Integrated Bar - Reach and Drops

Say guys,

You lucky stiffs riding the M.O.S.T. Talon bars, would you mind perhaps giving us some unofficial measurements on the "REACH" and "DROPS" on these bars?

I'm riding some Stella Azzurra "Tirreno" bars and would like to switch to either the MOST Talon or the Zip SLC2 Shallow.

Here the measurements for the TIRRENO and the SLC2 choices:

TIRRENO
Reach: 80mm
Drop: 165mm

ZIP SLC2 SHALLOW
Reach: 84.5mm
Drop: 128mm

Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
The Genie,

Thanks for the numbers!

Man that is a GORGEOUS Pinarello you have there, and with the new Campy Ultra Record 11 Speed Groupo to boot! I purchased my Campy Record group and built my bike just 4 months prior to the release. That makes it a little hard to scrap my Groupo and sell it off, just to finance the Ultra Record 11-Spd group. However, there are times that I seriously think about it. Perhaps a little later when prices fall a bit more..... For my riding I cannot rationally justify the swap at this time.

AWESOME.... AWESOME BIKE!!

Congrats to you!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.