Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm asking here because I probably wont be doing much cross racing. I have a 29r Tomac hardtail frame I want to do something with. And it being a Tomac how cool would it be to make it a ridged drop bar bike. But looking at the cost of every thing to go with it I'm thinking it would cheaper and quicker to just get a real cross frame. I have a winter road bike that is all Campy veloce. I built it with the idea that I would move the kit over to a cross bike in a few years. I would just need wheels and disk brakes or I could get a regular cross frame and I would just need brakes. Part of me still thinks building up the Tomac would be fun and now that the company went under you cant get them any more.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
It could be a awesome adventure style cross bike.

I run flat bars on all my cross bikes, but I'm just a weird guy. Lol lol

Cross bikes are a blast, but your monster cross bike could be awesome also. Are you going rigid fork?

Bill

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could be a awesome adventure style cross bike.

I run flat bars on all my cross bikes, but I'm just a weird guy. Lol lol

Cross bikes are a blast, but your monster cross bike could be awesome also. Are you going rigid fork?

Bill
Yea I really want the niner 15mm TA carbon fork. The bike is white and black and their white and black fork matches perfect. But its just too expensive. So I want to get the Carver fork for less then half the price. Bikeman Carver Carbon Rigid Disc 29er Tapered Mountain Fork I figure it will be a really fun bike to ride around. Maybe do some commuting to work rides and use it for the big hill climb race I have every year.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sounds like a great build, I'm fattening up the shoes on my crossbill as soon as I can find some in the 38-40mm that I like. I have a set of new on box BB7 roads I can make you a deal on if you choose to go that route. I bought them or a build and ended up getting a killer deal on the complete bike.

PM me if you are interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.