Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Boobies!
8,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing these--and can't afford any of them so I have to post them here.

Ad here

View attachment 280226

As the ad text says this one was originally sold by Ace Cycles in Vancouver, where I bought my first "10 Speed" and where, after I got to know the owner a little, I would occasionally get to go back into the sanctum sanctorum of the shop and see the new Cinellis hanging, waiting for their lucky owners.

Lorne Atkinson ran the shop-he had ridden for the Canadian Olympic team, and was importing good bikes long before the bike boom, and contributed mightily to the Vancouver, BC racing scene

·
Boobies!
8,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hit $1526 but did not meet the reserve...

I wish Cinellis were not so expensive....

·
Frog Whisperer
41,018 Posts
True dat.
welcome to my world...........(MAJOR, MAJOR, MAJOR remodeling project under way AGAIN........laundry/utility room!) Once again.....what could POSSIBLY go wrong?????????

Wife wants to raise the floor UP 8 inches (level with the kitchen) and she asked me to MOVE a 20+ year old water heater to do so!!!!! WRONG....new water heater on order!!!!!!

·
Boobies!
8,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
welcome to my world...........(MAJOR, MAJOR, MAJOR remodeling project under way AGAIN........laundry/utility room!) Once again.....what could POSSIBLY go wrong?????????

Wife wants to raise the floor UP 8 inches (level with the kitchen) and she asked me to MOVE a 20+ year old water heater to do so!!!!! WRONG....new water heater on order!!!!!!
Good call on the water heater.

I'm still trying to finish my front office/laundry area--but I have no place to move the materials and junk, so I spend my days moving stuff to do a little work.

No rain today so I'm outside insulating the roof of the carport (soon to have garage doors) so I can start moving stuff out from underfoot.

It would have been so much easier with a big budget--the new garage/workshop would be done, all the tools would be there and in place and I could finish my interior space without having to use it as a workshop too.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
LOL, the good news is your new water heater should be much more efficient than the old one and you won't have to worry about it for the next 20 years.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
I spent a lot of time in Ace Cycles dreaming about all the beautiful Cinellis...They had a silver SC on the west wall by the front window for a long time, to me the ultimate bike.
The nicest Cinelli they ever had was a metallic emerald green SC with matching fenders and full Campagnolo, with long reach brakes to clear the fenders.
Do you remember the bikes Lorne and a couple of the other guys there had with the matching paint? All black with yellow head tube and seat panels. One was an SC, another was a Bob Jackson I think, and there was a third, maybe a Condor?

For a long time my dream bike had been a Bob Jackson. I used to see an older guy with gray hair and a gray moustache on a white one with red lettering all the time. I was in my teens in the early 70s, this guy must have been in his late fifties. But he always passed me going up the hill on 10th avenue...I would be crawling up it on my Sekine, and he would zoom past! So I thought these superbikes must be like magic.

I never got a Jackson but I've had a few Cinellis. :thumbsup:

·
Boobies!
8,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I spent a lot of time in Ace Cycles dreaming about all the beautiful Cinellis...They had a silver SC on the west wall by the front window for a long time, to me the ultimate bike.
The nicest Cinelli they ever had was a metallic emerald green SC with matching fenders and full Campagnolo, with long reach brakes to clear the fenders.
Do you remember the bikes Lorne and a couple of the other guys there had with the matching paint? All black with yellow head tube and seat panels. One was an SC, another was a Bob Jackson I think, and there was a third, maybe a Condor?

For a long time my dream bike had been a Bob Jackson. I used to see an older guy with gray hair and a gray moustache on a white one with red lettering all the time. I was in my teens in the early 70s, this guy must have been in his late fifties. But he always passed me going up the hill on 10th avenue...I would be crawling up it on my Sekine, and he would zoom past! So I thought these superbikes must be like magic.

I never got a Jackson but I've had a few Cinellis. :thumbsup:
I had forgotten about the fleet with the matching shop color paint jobs--and I wonder who that was on the Bob Jackson? (I also remember those early 'A's with the matching fenders--those were the first that I remember seeing too.) Small world.

Lorne still used to put in some serious miles when we were racing in the early '70s--his riding buddy was Jim Davies, who later opened Jubilee Cycles out by our neck of the woods in Burnaby. I was thinking today that they seemed pretty old when I was 18--now I think they were pretty young.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.