Votes: 45 88.2%
  • NO

Votes: 6 11.8%
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, does anybody gete along with theirs? No really, I am being serious.

·
It's not TOO Cold!
2,498 Posts
I perfer my MIL to my mother.

Furst!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
She's great.

I get along really well with my MIL. She's great. My wife and I are really lucky in that we get along quite well with one anothers families.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
jupiterrn said:
Just wondering, does anybody gete along with theirs? No really, I am being serious.
Both our mothers are dead so no issues.

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
Andrea138 said:
My former MIL was a nutjob. I generally avoided conflict w/her, but I didn't care to be in her presence if I didn't have to be.
Oh come on. You know you weren't good enough for her little prince. Admit it. :D

·
Large Suburban Male
3,599 Posts
I get along with my MIL quite well.
She's pretty open minded, so when we disagree, she'll look into my point of view to see where I'm coming from.
She expects to have her input, but doesn't mind when we don't follow it.

It's like she thinks we're adults or something. Weird.

·
yup
2,726 Posts
My MIL is fantastic. And my FIL. Seriously, some of the best people ever. Even morer weirderer, my wife loves her MIL too.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tferris said:
My MIL is fantastic. And my FIL. Seriously, some of the best people ever. Even morer weirderer, my wife loves her MIL too.
My father in law is a great guy. I found out though over the last month or so I am not so well liked by my wife's mother. Many words have been spoken with out mine or my wife's knowledge.

·
yup
2,726 Posts
jupiterrn said:
My father in law is a great guy. I found out though over the last month or so I am not so well liked by my wife's mother. Many words have been spoken with out mine or my wife's knowledge.
Ah... that kind of sucks, are you sure it's in context? If you are getting it second hand maybe it's not as bad as you think? Just trying to sugar-coat it for you.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tferris said:
Ah... that kind of sucks, are you sure it's in context? If you are getting it second hand maybe it's not as bad as you think? Just trying to sugar-coat it for you.
Of course it is second hand but it is difficult to sugar coat some of the things she said. Kinda like a chocolate covered turd......

·
Large Suburban Male
3,599 Posts
jupiterrn said:
Lucky Bastid
Don't get me wrong, she pushes quite a bit, and once in a while can get a little MILy.
I've learned over the years that she can be quieted with a bigger than usual glass of wine, or a stronger pomegranate martini.

That being said, if she really gets on her horse, or if she pushes too hard or too long, we make sure her grandchildren are busy when she's free.

Those cases are rare, and far between, though.

Oh, and I scored points with her early. When her daughter and I were dating, her sons friends (and son) and I were at a party, and they were talking about how much of a MILF she was -before the term was invented- and the son told her how I defended her honor.

And then there was the time we were on a road trip in Cali, and stopped a truckstop convenience store - she and I went into the store, and a trucker asked me if she was my girlfriend. I said 'no, she's my MIL'. He said - 'lucky man'. I said 'Damn straight'. I think that's what got me the most points, ever.

Oh, I also rescued their idiot dog who jumped onto the pool cover chasing a butterfly. And sank, wrapping the cover around him.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Get along with my in-laws..... Actually still get along with the ex-in-laws great as well.... So much so, that my current wife and I use their vacation condo on occasion.....

1 - 20 of 51 Posts