Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I've owned a ton of bike in the past four years, to the point where I barely have a frame for more than 6 months. But I've had this Motobecane from the start. It was my first REAL bike and the only one I haven't sold.

It was bought (semi new) at a Pawn shop for $230. That was a deal!

Here's how it looked the day I brought it home.

Shortly after I replaced the damaged inner tube and added a few upgrades! New bar tape and a Fizik Saddle!

After a year of owning it I parted out the drivetrain and bought a new frame. Then another, another, and another, and so on.

Now 4 years later I'm back to this one, however I wanted something a bit different. I loved the integrated cable routings on my previous frames so I figured I'd take an inexpensive frame and give it a try. This took a lot of planning but I finally got the ball rolling..

I don't want to get into the details of how I done it and how I plan to improve. Instead I'll let the pictures do the talking. The bike is done. I'm just waiting on my braze-on derailleur clamp to arrive.

Oh yea, I decided to give it a name too! :)

I'm now working on my second frame. Updates will come shortly.

It Started with this:

And continued with these:

And now for paint! I decided to go with a brushed look! It looks amazing with clear coat.

It looked a little boring, so I added a bit of detail.

Now for the decals!!

I couldn't think of a logo at the time.. So I used a generic one for the time being. I now have photoshop so hopefully I can make something good.

And now, the bike as a whole. Well, almost. Everything lines up perfectly! This picture is before I finished the wiring or whatnot.

I don't plan on stopping here. I've enjoyed every bit of this. So I'm going to take classes at a local community college once I'm done at the UA so I can get a degree in welding.

So, keep an eye out! Hope you guys enjoyed. Sorry I didn't update this thread as I was doing this.

This is something else I've made, but with brazing.
Everything on this was custom made except for the cab, wheels, and beadlocks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The mounts have a lip around the outside that it sits into, and with the tension applied it doesn't move at all. With that said, I don't really like the way I done it and I'm currently working on improving it so it sits in further.

And thanks! I'm working on another one as well!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's another frame I bought from Bike Wagon as an unfinished frame. The owner at a local bike shop noticed that the first letters of the VIN is used by Trek.

Here's what I've done to it so far. I'm debating on removing the 2 blue stripes on the seat stays.

I'm not done yet. I gotta fix some of the lines where the tape was and the overspray from the touch ups.

Next: light wet sand, decals, and clear coat.

View attachment 282815
View attachment 282816
View attachment 282817
View attachment 282818

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.