Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new road bike after getting back into it a year ago. I have done a ton of research and one of the best deals out their is a Motobecane Champion SL through BikesDirect. They're asking $1295.00 for full Ultegra and other parts of equal or better quality. While I will have to get my LBS to tune/finish it still seems to-good-to-be-true. Anyone have experience w/ BikesDirect and more specifically know about the Motobecane brand? The reviews for the Moto Champion SL on this site were almost universally good, but I'm still skeptical. Thanks!

·
Home Brew User!
2,810 Posts
Lipton said:
I am in the market for a new road bike after getting back into it a year ago. I have done a ton of research and one of the best deals out their is a Motobecane Champion SL through BikesDirect. They're asking $1295.00 for full Ultegra and other parts of equal or better quality. While I will have to get my LBS to tune/finish it still seems to-good-to-be-true. Anyone have experience w/ BikesDirect and more specifically know about the Motobecane brand? The reviews for the Moto Champion SL on this site were almost universally good, but I'm still skeptical. Thanks!
The Le Champion is the same exact bike as a Trek Madone SSLx.

It is pretty much the same as a Colnago Extreme C, a Serotta Meivici, Merckx AXM, and the Cervelo R3.

All bikes ride the same.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,748 Posts
Lipton,
Sorry you can't get a response without some of the board's police jumping on your case about your post. I wish some of these people would go ride instead of wasting their time jumping on certain posts as soon as they are posted.
Oh, no! God forbid someone point him in the right direction, instead of posting something that's already been said in 34 other threads. Sorry we seem to have inconvienced the original poster with some helpul hints...he'll likely get more help by reading the old threads than he will in a new one.

Love the tired old "go ride instead of posting" argument, too.

Edit...was going to post a link to the reviews, but noticed he's found them. Good luck, Lipton!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.