Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is there something I'm missing about motorcycle chases in the movies (motorcycles chasing cars) and motorcycle cops? I mean... if you're in a car, getting chased by somebody on a motorcycle... wouldn't it pretty much obliterate the motorcycle guy if you just hit your brakes? I guess cops would probably be trained to avoid following right behind you but still. It seems like if the person really wanted to they could take 'em out pretty easily, yaknow??

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
Did you just watch the Bourne Identity?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about the police though??

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DrRoebuck said:
Did you just watch the Bourne Identity?
I'm always watching the Bourne Identity.

·
Kilt wearing, old man
1,662 Posts
A long time ago, a former police bomb squad officer told me something profound. A Chevy Suburban will generally beat anything on two wheels in a game of bumper tag. That is, unless the two wheeler is loaded with C-4 that has been used to heat up lunch. :eek:

·
Banned
3,060 Posts
Are we talking stuntmen doing the driving or cops and real thugs? There's not a Suburban on the planet that can out-break or out-accelerate a motorcycle ...

·
Kilt wearing, old man
1,662 Posts
TWB8s said:
Are we talking stuntmen doing the driving or cops and real thugs? There's not a Suburban on the planet that can out-break or out-accelerate a motorcycle ...
That all depends on how close to the Suburban the motorcycle is when the SUV driver hits the brakes. Or makes a radical turn into the bike.:eek:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TWB8s said:
I'm pretty sure you could out accelerate them in reverse though. IIRC bikes goin in reverse aren't super quick ;-). Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they have all kinds of ways to avoid getting hit... just sayin.

·
Pixie Sticks and Politics
716 Posts
Not sure about other places (especially Hollywood), but if one of our motors tries to stop someone and they decide to run, they can decide to follow. However, as soon as one of our cars shows up they back off and let the car take the lead. Then again, it ain't Hollywood!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts