Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· BS the DC
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building up a road tandem and want to install a mountain/aero/touring handlebar like the Scott AT-4 Pro. I don't think they are being made anymore. I'll be looking on Ebay. Is anyone aware of a similar product?

· Registered
95 Posts
i'm not sure, but...

i thought i saw a bar like that on either nashbar's or rei's website.
i know i saw something similar to that bar in the last 6 months, because i was intrigued by the style and it looked something like the bar i have on my commuter.
i put an rei "safari" bar on my commuter. it is somewhat similar to the scott bar pictured. though it does not have the aero-bar type portion. it's configured a bit differently, round, rather than wedge-shaped. i like it for commuting. it gives you a bunch of different hand positions. and one day, i might even get a chance to do some touring on it, when that versatility will come in very handy. i know that rei still sells the bar, though it certainly is not the one you are specifically looking for.
and also, the rei bar is heavy as last week's meatloaf. definitely one of the negatives about that piece of equipment. my commuter is set up like a tank, so i really dont mind the extra weight.

· Registered
178 Posts
long ago in a galaxy far far away

in the mid to late 90's i had a similar bar that actually dropped down on the sides to give a position similar to road handlebar drops and had elbow pads for the aero position. they were scott's as well.

these are actually on ebay right now for 1$ (search "scott handlebar")

· BS the DC
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jhenry4 said:
in the mid to late 90's i had a similar bar that actually dropped down on the sides to give a position similar to road handlebar drops and had elbow pads for the aero position. they were scott's as well.

these are actually on ebay right now for 1$ (search "scott handlebar")
Now there's a piece of cycling history.

· BS the DC
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
keeshadog said:
i thought i saw a bar like that on either nashbar's or rei's website.
i know i saw something similar to that bar in the last 6 months, because i was intrigued by the style and it looked something like the bar i have on my commuter.
i put an rei "safari" bar on my commuter. it is somewhat similar to the scott bar pictured. though it does not have the aero-bar type portion. it's configured a bit differently, round, rather than wedge-shaped. i like it for commuting. it gives you a bunch of different hand positions. and one day, i might even get a chance to do some touring on it, when that versatility will come in very handy. i know that rei still sells the bar, though it certainly is not the one you are specifically looking for.
and also, the rei bar is heavy as last week's meatloaf. definitely one of the negatives about that piece of equipment. my commuter is set up like a tank, so i really dont mind the extra weight.
Thanks for the help. I checked Nashbar and REI. No luck. I'll look around some more and maybe opt for bullhorns or something similar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.