Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I am a mountain biker that frequents mountainbikereview.com, and I was trying to sell one of my older bikes when someone proposed that I trade him for a 2001 Specialized Allez Elite. This will be my first road bike, and I am just under 5'10" (it is a 56 cm frame). I weigh around 215 (I spend a lot of time in the gym). He said that the bike is in good shape except for needing new tires.

My bike is probably worth between $500-600, so should I pull the trigger? Is this a fair deal? I am planning to just try out the bike for a while, if I don't like it I'll sell it. I currently already have a commuter, which is a single speed fully rigid 29er mountain bike, I just want to try out a nice road bike and see how I like it. If I don't, I'll probably just end up selling it so I want to make sure that I am not getting the raw end of the deal here.

Oh, and I am a beginner to road bikes, but not to bikes altogether. Doing my own maintenance is not a issue for me, I have built mountain bikes up from just a frame before. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.