Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Here I am

Bas:

I rode behind you for awhile and remember your being at the rest stop just before the John's Creek climb.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MarkS said:
Bas:

I rode behind you for awhile and remember your being at the rest stop just before the John's Creek climb.

My friend was the next 2 photos after me and rode with me most of the day until he dropped me at the end.. Do you remember him too?

I remember the stop - and laying my bike against the fence - but I don't remember much else.. then we hit the road and got behind a group and dropped them becuase they were going way tooo slow downhills and were more busy chatting.. I can't say I remember you at all.. I remember the lady and her daughter on the moutain bike thats ahead of me in the pictures.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
239 Posts
You want 'way back'?

You want 'way back'? Well, here's 'way back':

https://www.birdseyeview.net/cgi-lo...SC6284.jpg&img=&tt=&tfile=tn_MOMI_DSC6284.JPG

Next to last pic. The truly sad part is that we left several folks at the rest stop in Maggie's that never got their pixels taken.......The guy in front of me is Bill from DC. We spotted all the riders in front of us 28 miles(except for the other 4 riding in West Virginia), which included Peter's Mountain twice. We caught a few of them before the finish.........

Greg

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,723 Posts
VinPaysDoc said:
You want 'way back'? Well, here's 'way back':

https://www.birdseyeview.net/cgi-lo...SC6284.jpg&img=&tt=&tfile=tn_MOMI_DSC6284.JPG

Next to last pic. The truly sad part is that we left several folks at the rest stop in Maggie's that never got their pixels taken.......The guy in front of me is Bill from DC. We spotted all the riders in front of us 28 miles(except for the other 4 riding in West Virginia), which included Peter's Mountain twice. We caught a few of them before the finish.........

Greg
Just finishing after that debacle is impressive. Actually just finishing in the heat was tough. I think that they make it too easy to bail by having the 82 mile rest stop at the start point. My wife hung out there a while and said a lot of folks pulled out at that point. I may try that thing someday when my sanity is waining...

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
bas said:
Your # is 5735.. There is someone else in Nike 10/2 shorts a few pictures ahead..

https://www.birdseyeview.net/cgi-lo...SC5728.jpg&img=&tt=&tfile=tn_MOMI_DSC5728.JPG

I'm way back in 5773/74.. so I'm 35 photos after - maybe 17 riders after (assuming 2 per person)...

The Nike 10/2 shorts are nice... I like them.
If you look at the other picture of the other Nike 10/2 guy, you can see me in the distance. So, he definitely was the guy that I was thinking about.

We still were pretty close in our finish times and we probably passed each other somewhere on the course. See you next year.

Mark

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,528 Posts
That ride is a definate for me one of these yrs.

Turns out my youngest duaghter always has a soccer tourn that weekend. I think I'll give her a "thank you!" kiss:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.