Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm mounting an Ultegra caliper on a carbon fork. The problem is that it won't stay put no matter how hard i screw it on. This problem doesn't exist in the rear where there's an aluminum bracket installed in the carbon frame where the caliper is mounted. The fork has no such aluminum bracket on the outside part of the fork where the caliper is making contact. what do i do? tried a spacer between the caliper and fork and it's not helping. thanks.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
dovid said:
i'm mounting an Ultegra caliper on a carbon fork. The problem is that it won't stay put no matter how hard i screw it on. This problem doesn't exist in the rear where there's an aluminum bracket installed in the carbon frame where the caliper is mounted. The fork has no such aluminum bracket on the outside part of the fork where the caliper is making contact. what do i do? tried a spacer between the caliper and fork and it's not helping. thanks.
It sounds like the nut is bottoming out. Have you tried a shorter nut? They come in a variety of lengths. If the recessed nut bottoms out(runs out of threads on the caliper), it won't make any difference how tight you try to tighten

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.