Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
great riding everywhere

Therre are great routes all around that area. I live in Nashua and ride up through Merrimack and out west to Milford, Amherst, Wilton, Hollis and Brookline all the time. Lots of good roads and hills!

From Bedford you will also find the backroads of Goffstown, New Boston, Mont Vernon and Francestown outstanding.

Try the Granite State Wheelman....they are a great group.

http://www.granitestatewheelmen.org/

Welcome to NH.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Granite State Wheelmen are a great touring club.

For racing there are three large clubs with open memberships: NHCC, which has an excellent training series at the NASCAR track in Loudon, NorEast cycling (Exeter) and NEBC (Mass.). There is also BoB (Bunch o' Bikers) which I do believe have an open membership policy and there are several invitee teams.

·
Daylight Fading
1,902 Posts
Ditto what they all said

You rides will probably more involve Francestown, New Boston, Lyndeborough, and Mont Vernon. Good for you because those are some of the best towns to ride in and around in the area.

What class rider are you? Where will you be working?

BAE Systems in Merrimack and PC Connection on the other side of Merrimack have group rides at lunch and still some evenings. GS Wheelmen are the best locally organized tour/group ride organization, NHCC, NorEast and BOB are groups that field road teams.

BTW, MTB racing and riding is good in and around Bedford too. YOu'll find lots of snow mobile trails to explore.

BT

·
Blah, Blah, Blah
598 Posts
There is a group ride that meets every Tuesday in Bedford at the elementary(?) School. It is on Old Bedford Road.
Two groups leave from there. A slower group and then a very small select group of guys who don't wait if you get dropped. It is a very fast ride with them.
As for regular riding in the area, I would recommend Staying on the "West" side of the river in as opposed to heading over to Manchester, Raymond, etc.
Highly recommend riding out to Francestown, Mont Vernon, Milford, Bow, Dunbarton, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.