Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe... Name the good bike shops for me if you can. What's the cycling scene like? 53 year old cat 2 likes fast group rides on the weekends and curling up with VeloSnooze on a winter night.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Hope you have a job or one lined up. Moving to someplace with 14+% unemployment, not a good plan.

Good bike shops hmmmmmmmmmmmm, well there isn't a great shop here in vegas. There are several decent shops. Whether you want to lable them good, well that will be up to you. I just lable them decent.

Pro Cyclery on Charleston - Good sized shop, seem to have a decent selection. Eric is a nice guy and a decent mechanic. Biggest problem I've had with them is that they never seem to meet their promised time when I've needed some work done on the bike.

Peleton Sports at Buffalo/Washington - Mainly a Trek shop. Not a very good selection on things but Phil is probably the best mechanic in town. They do the little things that keep bringing you back.

NuVision in Summerlin - The best bike shop in the US. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. NuVision is a joke, hell they aren't even the best bike shop Vegas but somehow they (according to them) were voted the best bike shop in the country. That one just cracks me up.

McGhies on Fort Apache - Big shop, pretty good selection on biking needs. Probably carry the most high end bikes in Vegas but they seem to be a bit more expensive than the rest of the shops.

The Bike Shop at Wigwam/Pecos - Big shop seem to have a decent selection. I've only been in there 2-3 times. They are in Henderson (southeast) and I live on the west side of Vegas.

Las Vegas Cyclery on Charleston - Big shop, seems like their selection of bike stuff could be better but again, have only been in there a few times. It's just one of those shops I really never frequent. I did ride with the owner's wife a couple weeks ago and she was pretty nice.

During the week it seems most people go out on their own. On Saturdays, the hammerheads meet at the Starbucks at Charleston and Towncenter. Ride times vary slightly depending on time of year. This time of year it's usually about 7:30am. The closer it gets to winter, the more it will be pushed back to 8. If you go on (I believe it's) cyclevegas.com; you will see all the different rides and start times.

You're coming to Las Vegas and I'm looking to get the hell out of here. There is no work in my field and after 15 years in this worthless town; I have had enough.

·
adheres to Rule #9
130 Posts
There are two shops in Henderson that are pretty good.
JT's Bicycle on Horizon and Horizon
and
Aspen Creek Bike Shop, on Horizon somewhat near Arroyo Grande.

Both are super friendly shops. Sully's is a Spec dealer and more road orientated. Seem more friendly than the Summerlin stores. =P

1 - 3 of 3 Posts