Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my family and I are moving to Houston from Dallas this June and I am wondering if there are any good weekly rides in the Sugar Land / New Territory area. I am going to live in New Territory right next to 'The Prison' and route 99. The area to the west looks like a great to place to have weekend rides, little traffic and nice smooth roads.

If any one can lead me in the right direction to where I might be able to find a weekly Saturday morning ride close by, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome to Houston/Sugarland/Katy/Prison/New Territory!!

Just kidding.... although......

I'm relatively new to road bikes, having borrowed, then bought an old Cannondale from a friend so that I could ride in the MS150 last month. First time ever on a true road bike and started training on Feb 2nd for the April 12-13th event from Houston to Austin

There are weekly organized rides starting at the Sun and Ski location at Katy Mills Mall. Pretty much at I-10 and Grand Parkway (99).

I haven't ridden in their group yet, I prefer to ride with friends up in Bellville ( where it gets somewhat hilly )

Also, at bikebarn.com, there is a page that outlines the free, every Saturday rides that start at the Mason Rd. location and go somewhere different each weekend. Again, the start point is close to I-10 and Mason, but they do go south down to places like Fulshear and such.

Good luck.... also find a local bike store to get the scoop on more local rides. I can't help much more 'cause I live about 6 miles north of I-10 at Fry Road.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great site, thanks! Sorry I am definitely a Group 'B' type with high expectation to get to the Group 'A' level. I have not ridden in seven months due to my job (work load) and all of the relocation activities surrounding it. I gpoing to try to improve my endurance, but limiting my cycling to once or twice a week is very limiting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.