Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are no Consumerreview sites working with my browser any longer? I'm sitting here typing this in Explorer, for chrissake. It just quit Sunday morning, and I now get a message that reads:

The site you are attempting to access is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance. Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,

The ConsumerREVIEW.com Team

What's the deal? Anyone? Moderator? Thanks - S.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Either press Shift and click the Reload button on the toolbar, or clear your browser cache. It probably has the maintenance message cached and won't automatically refresh the page.

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
yeah um that happened to me too

delete your cookies, cache, history. i'm guessing cookies are the culprit but my parents get angry at me when i go to REI so i was clearing em all as a normal thing to do... and surprise it works again :\
i was afraid i got banned for something and that was their "thank you dont come again" msg :p
-estone2

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
skepticman said:
Either press Shift and click the Reload button on the toolbar, or clear your browser cache. It probably has the maintenance message cached and won't automatically refresh the page.
Done and done. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
413 Posts
SDizzle said:
Why are no Consumerreview sites working with my browser any longer? I'm sitting here typing this in Explorer, for chrissake. It just quit Sunday morning, and I now get a message that reads:

The site you are attempting to access is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance. Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,

The ConsumerREVIEW.com Team

What's the deal? Anyone? Moderator? Thanks - S.
I got the same message and I'm using FireFox. I didn't do anything but waited a couple hours and it was normal again. I think that maybe they were doing a little maintenance:eek:

·
Administrator
12,940 Posts
It was actually maintanence, not Firefox.

:)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Coolhand said:
It was actually maintanence, not Firefox.

:)
No, I knew that. ...Up to a point. But when IE and Mozilla on my girlfriend's computer were both loading RBR, I got a little worried, started to bite my nails and call suicide hotlines... etc. RBR is fixed, and so is my computer.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You need to change your cache settings.

In the location bar type "About:config" and press Enter.

In the filter field type "cache" and press Enter.

Find the value called: "browser.cache.check_doc_frequency". Right click on it and choose Modify. Change the value to a 1. This will load a new page everytime you go to it.

For more Firefox tweaks go here: http://www.tweakguides.com/Firefox_1.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts