Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Is not a clown car
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so is there a good support system for the ipod on Winamp? Itunes took a shat today, and I'm not particularly keen on re upping with it....at least if I don't have too, and if the transition is easy enough.

What about podcasts? The wife is addicted to some, and would like to continue...

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
unclefuzzy_ss said:
so is there a good support system for the ipod on Winamp?
Winamp comes with a plug-in that supports iPod, and there's another open source plug-in (ml_ipod) that works even better in many ways.

I used to use winamp, but these days I use mediamonkey, which also works really well with ipods except for one minor bug that screws up the album art display on the ipod (sometimes the artwork for the wrong album displays on my nano).

Bottom line: Mediamonkey and winamp both work well with ipods, support podcasts, etc.. Try the free version (both have a free version) and if you like it, and want more you can pay for the fancy version with extra features.

·
Pusher of Pedals
194 Posts
Ahhh, Winamp, it really whips the llama's ass.

·
Grey Manrod
9,227 Posts
Re: winamp or mediamonkey - I am guessing less bloat, faster start-up and just smoother running on Windows? My main complain about iTunes is that it takes friggin forever to start up......

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
Brick Tamland said:
Re: winamp or mediamonkey - I am guessing less bloat, faster start-up and just smoother running on Windows?
iTunes takes forever to start up. There's no easy way to delete dead links from the library. It also crashes a lot on my windows boxen.

Mediamonkey is relatively unbloated and has great features for keeping my library (about 115 gigabytes, 24,000 tracks) organized.

Winamp is also pretty robust, but has a lot more bloat, much less user-friendly playlist editing, and isn't nearly as convenient for keeping a large music collection organized.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts