Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Mr. Brooks wanted me to relay to you he had his check book out but then noticed your Bar plug is a couple of centimeters off center. He said once you get that issue resolved he will talk to you.
Bye the way Flip Flops for work?? must be nice.

Ray Still

·
Frog Whisperer
41,515 Posts
Dave ...do your plugs fit real loose?....I had to put a strip of electrical tape on the cork so I don't lose them. (on old school nitto randonneurs bars....go figure, I was worried they were going to be too small for the camp ergo)

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,723 Posts
I believe that Mr Brooks died quite a few years ago, he was born in the 1840's. The italians that own the company now will be happy though. I'm trying to decide between the brooks and the velo orange tape for my fixie right now.

·
Premium Member
20,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Creakyknees said:
Mr. Hickey, do you pedal to DFW? Or is your office just nearby?
My office is just west of the airport..360 and 121 area...direct route from my house is 10 miles but I end up making it closer to 15 each way...

Greg- yep..it's the new Panasonic....I'm REALLY liking this bike

·
Registered
252 Posts
Cool picture!

Everyone always post such awesome pictures. It really inspires me to take my camera out with me when I go on my rides. The problem with that is that I only have an old Minolta and it doesn’t have auto focus so I’m going to have to get off my bike or stop to take a picture.

I should buy a nice digital one but I’m broke and I don’t have a personal computer anymore.

Regardless, awesome pictures. Keep em coming.

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,673 Posts
DGK*UGLY said:
Cool picture!

Everyone always post such awesome pictures. It really inspires me to take my camera out with me when I go on my rides. The problem with that is that I only have an old Minolta and it doesn’t have auto focus so I’m going to have to get off my bike or stop to take a picture.

I should buy a nice digital one but I’m broke and I don’t have a personal computer anymore.

Regardless, awesome pictures. Keep em coming.
Auto what???

Sometimes it's nice to get off the bike and take pictures.

·
Unlabeled
3,729 Posts
brooks and velo orange

VaughnA said:
I believe that Mr Brooks died quite a few years ago, he was born in the 1840's. The italians that own the company now will be happy though. I'm trying to decide between the brooks and the velo orange tape for my fixie right now.
I'm currently using both Brooks and velo orange leather tape. I think that the Brooks is nicer. I like the perforations; I think that the leather is better quality; the cork bar plugs are neat; and the finishing tape is a very heavy fabric. Velo orange tape is more suede-like, uses cheap plastic finishig tape and chrome-plastic bar plugs. The velo orange tape doesn't get slick like the Brooks does if it gets wet. lickbike.com has a good price on Brooks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.