Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a college instructor do that to us. Went from Mr. to Mrs. over the summer. Actually a fantastic instructor and very nice person. Outside of the jokes and comments behind his, now her, back, everyone was pretty much OK with it. The sad thing was that her (still sounds weird to say that) health was a lot worse after the operation. Some hormone complications I think. The only other kind of funny thing was that he was completely bald before becoming a she and the wigs never quite sat correctly.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
A teacher underwent a sex change operation and some parents are having a problem with it. I didn't see what grade he/she teaches. It could be in there and I missed it.

Teacher sex change

I can understand where it would be confusing to K through 6 grades. What do you think? I'd have a hard time with it myself.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Teachers getting sex changes... Giraffes on the pill... What's next?

BTW, that's one manly woman!

·
Rock the Mullet!
305 Posts
Blonde hair

Scotty2Hotty said:
Teachers getting sex changes... Giraffes on the pill... What's next?

BTW, that's one manly woman!
Miss Mcbeth has blonde hair. Someone around here always refers to his new squeeze as blondie.......coincidence? ;)

Pb

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
PbOkole said:
Miss Mcbeth has blonde hair. Someone around here always refers to his new squeeze as blondie.......coincidence? ;)

Pb
I called that days ago. I knew blondie was a d00d.

·
Rock the Mullet!
305 Posts
I voted dude in the pole too.....

Scotty2Hotty said:
I called that days ago. I knew blondie was a d00d.
NMNMNM

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
I got it, it's Rummy in a dress, there's the same squareness of chin, friendly look etc. etc. Should be fun in the classroom. :rolleyes:

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
PbOkole said:
I just threw up in my mouth a little.
Sheesh, don't be uptight about it, I mean, they are consenting adults and whatnot, love knows no boundaries etc etc. and what could be more clean-cut all-american fun?

·
Rock the Mullet!
305 Posts
J's is dating Rummy?

rogger said:
I got it, it's Rummy in a dress, there's the same squareness of chin, friendly look etc. etc. Should be fun in the classroom. :rolleyes:

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
Why anyone over age 30 insists on being called "Miss" is beyond me. And for a 71-year-old transgender woman to do it seems even weirder.

I can see why parents are distraught but some of the melodrama (don't treat my kid as a petri dish and hope everything turns out okay) is a bit over-the-top. There will be giggles, confusion, and other things no doubt, but I'm not thinking anyone is going to be scarred for life.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Unfortunatly......

I have been thru this discussion.....whn my kids were younger, it was discovered that a 6th grade teacher was transgender.......a teacher that the kids loved. Went to the schoolboard meetings where parents were trying to get her removed.

The basic fear went something like this:

"She is an example to the kids.....what if she turns them into ...."Her"?

Fear is usually not grounded in fact, and when it comes to one's own kids, there is much fear.

Sad, but true.

BTW, the teacher ended up resigning, much to the kids dismay, and moving to another town....she just couldn't stand the hate/fear.

Len

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,410 Posts
They had a "bit" on "the Simpsons" last Sunday, like this. Woman gym teacher was going to take a few months off, and come back as a Mr., and become the new shop teacher. The students were told that jokes about the new shop teacher, getting "wood", were not allowed.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,748 Posts
jtolleson said:
Why anyone over age 30 insists on being called "Miss" is beyond me. And for a 71-year-old transgender woman to do it seems even weirder.
Ahh, bad post, bad post! That's not "transgender," the PC term (according to the article) is, "gender reassigned."

Who comes up with this crap?

It reminds me of the Southpark where Mr. Garrison becomes Miss Garrison. Kyle also undergoes a "negroplasty" and his father a "dolphinplasty."

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
i'm for it. but i'm not sure i would want my kid in that class. not because i'm against it, but because my kiddo is different, and might not understand. heck, he might not even perceive the difference.

Len, you didn't post your take on this...what was your stance?

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
I've a cousin that went that SRS (sexual reassignment surgery). Grueling change but she's happier than ever, completely satisfied with her womanhood. She was a senior VP with Digital Equipment Corp. prior to the surgery, but the change was so significant for some people to accept, she needed to move into a different gig. A friend I hung out with yesterday, a brilliant engineer that's built a pulse jet calliope controlled by midi, has been through SRS and is finally feeling right about herself.

I'm all for those with transgender needs to move forward with the transition, if they so desire. It's the toughest thing a person could go through, yet if it's right, its the most perfectly satisfying change they could make on their own behalf.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Honestly, my first reaction was......

haiku d'etat said:
i'm for it. but i'm not sure i would want my kid in that class. not because i'm against it, but because my kiddo is different, and might not understand. heck, he might not even perceive the difference.

Len, you didn't post your take on this...what was your stance?
to be uncomfortable. I decided to go meet with her before the SB meeting. My kids, especially my oldest daughter , are pretty good judges of character, and I found, after about an hour with her, that their opinion of her was not misplaced. What cinched it for me was that she was a really good teacher....she really reached the kids. I was a supporter of her.

It also opened a topic for the kids and I to communicate on.

Len

1 - 18 of 18 Posts