Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since no one is biting on the resumes i've been sending and boo's got a steady gig being a dental assistant i'm assuming the role of househusband. So far my day has consisted of biking the stepson to school, sending resume follow up emails, laundering towels, made signs for the kids bedrooms "dirty towels and clothes DO NOT belong on your floor!", giving dogs leftovers/doing dishes, put a crib together and i'm about to vacuum the whole house. I'm beginning to accept such role but when the kids are out for spring break next week it might be a different story. And when the baby comes it will TOTALLY be a different story!

side note: my parents bought us a 12ft inflatable pool, here's some various pix of gutfiddle's crew over the weekend.

Go Card's! everyone put a mouthfull of sunflower seeds in right before the pic was taken

Coach Gutfiddle sending his stepson to steal 2nd.

Stepdaughter slingin the softball

Go Thunder!

Patsy and Ellie Mae awaiting their turn in the pool

oh Hai!

barstool racers

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
Baseball teams sure don't look like they used to.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lemonlime said:
Baseball teams sure don't look like they used to.
what did they used to look like?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I can sympathze.

I'm pulling the dual duty this past week and for the next 2-4....wife had a hysterectomy and with 3 kids and a house to maintain - the show must go on!! So, I'm doing my best to get food on the table, keep the house clean, play nurse for my wife, get the kids to the sports activities, AND keep up on my job. So much for my ride time :-(

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
I've been a Mr. Mom some after a lay off last May.

Between the job search efforts and household duties, it is amazing how little time you have left before picking up the kids from school.
I kept the TV off to prevent wasting too much time. Internet can suck up a few hours, though.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Have you been hooked up to the mechanical breast pump yet? Fifteen minutes in the office bathroom with the air compressor running was so awkward. I'm glad those days are behind me.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tig said:
I've been a Mr. Mom some after a lay off last May.

Between the job search efforts and household duties, it is amazing how little time you have left before picking up the kids from school.
I kept the TV off to prevent wasting too much time. Internet can suck up a few hours, though.
today is flying by...

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
nor_cal_rider said:
I can sympathze.

I'm pulling the dual duty this past week and for the next 2-4....wife had a hysterectomy and with 3 kids and a house to maintain - the show must go on!! So, I'm doing my best to get food on the table, keep the house clean, play nurse for my wife, get the kids to the sports activities, AND keep up on my job. So much for my ride time :-(
Wow, I've done the same thing as well a few years ago. My wife is stubborn and likes to do everything herself, so it was a struggle to keep her from busting a gut.

It's good to hear your priorities are in order. Some poor wives aren't as lucky. I'm sure Mrs. nor_cal is appreciative. They know how much we love to ride.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alex-in-Evanston said:
Have you been hooked up to the mechanical breast pump yet? Fifteen minutes in the office bathroom with the air compressor running was so awkward. I'm glad those days are behind me.
that thing goes on my mewbs?!?

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
Your missus must love your parents right about now on account of that pool.

We just recently dug out this awesome, portable (ish), hot tub from our storage unit. It's still to cold for the thing to heat up beyond 94 degrees or so. But, at 39 weeks and counting, it was beyond amazing to be able to float and stretch out in the newly named "warm tub."

It's nice to feel like I'm wearing my regular body, even if it's just for a few moments.

I seem to be coming down with a wicked cold, so the man-beast is working from home and playing Nurse (or, at least, he's wearing the outfit). Here's hoping your enjoying your role reversal. It's fun to change things up from time to time - either you realize how much you dig doing something you wouldn't have thought diggable, or you grow to appreciate your spouse and day job that much more. Like a cheap beer that's both hydrating and inebriating, it's an all around win-win situmigation.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
catzilla said:
Your missus must love your parents right about now on account of that pool.

We just recently dug out this awesome, portable (ish), hot tub from our storage unit. It's still to cold for the thing to heat up beyond 94 degrees or so. But, at 39 weeks and counting, it was beyond amazing to be able to float and stretch out in the newly named "warm tub."

It's nice to feel like I'm wearing my regular body, even if it's just for a few moments.

I seem to be coming down with a wicked cold, so the man-beast is working from home and playing Nurse (or, at least, he's wearing the outfit). Here's hoping your enjoying your role reversal. It's fun to change things up from time to time - either you realize how much you dig doing something you wouldn't have thought diggable, or you grow to appreciate your spouse and day job that much more. Like a cheap beer that's both hydrating and inebriating, it's an all around win-win situmigation.
her cankles were so swollen from being out at the ballpark all day saturday the pool was a real blessing. She didnt appreciate the comments about her sliding into the pool reminded me of the sealion show at sea world, arrk arrrk! but she loves chunky dunkin when the sun goes down....off i go to scoop the oak pollen out of the pool and put down a few nattie lights, life could be worse.

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
gutfiddle said:
her cankles were so swollen from being out at the ballpark all day saturday the pool was a real blessing. She didnt appreciate the comments about her sliding into the pool reminded me of the sealion show at sea world, arrk arrrk!
Heh.

The other night, myself and a few friends indulged in the warm tub. Before I made my entrance, I said, "And here's my impression of a fishing bob."

Next time, I'll do my Shamoo impression.

This might not work around your ******* of the woods, but here in hippie-ville, we had a happy hour pump track shin-dig when someone asked if that was a hot tub in our backyard. My good friend answered, "No, that's her birthing tub" totally straight-faced. It was kinda awesome.

And, now that I'm officially nose-cone shaped enough that people have no problem asking when I'm do (usually, by asking how many days until I'm due), I think I might try answering, "Oh. It's a benign cyst."

Would that be wrong? Does it matter?

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
catzilla said:
Heh.
... people have no problem asking when I'm do (usually, by asking how many days until I'm due), I think I might try answering, "Oh. It's a benign cyst."
Ah, the future lil' one gets yet another nick... "benign cyst". How cuuuute!

Oh, wait... Ain't it dangerous/unhealthy for pumped up, walking incubators to soak in hot hottubs? Maybe the warm tub is alright after all.

·
Failboat Captian
6,527 Posts
Gut, sometimes you make a lousy *******.

I certainly hope that when you pick up the kids from school, they ride in the back of the pickup, and the dog rides up front with you.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
catzilla said:
Heh.

The other night, myself and a few friends indulged in the warm tub. Before I made my entrance, I said, "And here's my impression of a fishing bob."

Next time, I'll do my Shamoo impression.

This might not work around your ******* of the woods, but here in hippie-ville, we had a happy hour pump track shin-dig when someone asked if that was a hot tub in our backyard. My good friend answered, "No, that's her birthing tub" totally straight-faced. It was kinda awesome.

And, now that I'm officially nose-cone shaped enough that people have no problem asking when I'm do (usually, by asking how many days until I'm due), I think I might try answering, "Oh. It's a benign cyst."

Would that be wrong? Does it matter?
it dont matter. can you see little alienesque appendiges poking thru ur belly?

love the birthing tub idea, i'll have to use that although it might slip on by w/out any reaction. here's the signs i'm hanging in her childrens rooms and the new crib and changing table her folks bought us. I'm hoping my parents come thru w/ some curtains.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
Tig said:
Oh, wait... Ain't it dangerous/unhealthy for pumped up, walking incubators to soak in hot hottubs? Maybe the warm tub is alright after all.
Yeah. The docs don't recommend berling the baby, so the warm tub is [email protected] magical, and magically safe. Not hot enough to overheat lil' Slaggy, but warm enough to let all the achey breaky muscles loosen up.

I'd forgotten how nice it was to just lay there on my belly and be able to flip around without moaning and grunting like an 80 year old man on the toilet.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
catzilla said:
Yeah. The docs don't recommend berling the baby, so the warm tub is [email protected] magical, and magically safe. Not hot enough to overheat lil' Slaggy, but warm enough to let all the achey breaky muscles loosen up.

I'd forgotten how nice it was to just lay there on my belly and be able to flip around without moaning and grunting like an 80 year old man on the toilet.
boo has to gain momentum by rocking back and forth before she can roll over pulling the comforter over like a cocoon leaving me coverless. She's always hot even w/ the thermostat at 70 degrees so eventually she peels off the covers and piles them on top of me. Makes for a great uninterrupted sleep, her and the dog howling in her new kennel that is.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts