Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bike Wing Conspiracy
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the MS 100 ride yesterday.

A truly unique ride for being able to ride the West Side Highway, the FDR and through the Lincoln tunnel without fear of cars (just other bikers).

I wear my camera around my neck to make t easier to shoot pics on the fly.

I will let the pics talk.

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
George Washington Bridge Photo

Brought back fond memories when I lived in "Inwood". I remember when they added the lower lanes to the bridge; the original designer having the forsight to design and build the bridge to allow it.

Thanks photos, great!

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,668 Posts
That looks like fun. Is it completely flat there? Looks like there are little to no elevation changes at all. If so maybe I should get up north some time...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Crap, crap, crap... I planned on that ride. Of all things to keep me from going through the Lincoln Tunnel... a damn, ingown toenail!!! :mad2:

Glad you had fun for a good cause.

:cool:

·
Michigoose
821 Posts
Damn right a good cause...I'm amazed every year at the number of people that show up for the MS 100/150 rides. Call me biased, but my mom has MS and I don't think it is as understood by the public as it should be. I mean, some of the articles I've seen in the papers even call it MD! All that aside, my faith in fellow man/woman (especially cyclists) is reaffirmed when I see the numbers at these rides.

·
Registered
120 Posts
great day! Great Cause!

It was freezing in the morning but it sorta warmed up later on. Had a great time. My lower back only started hurting when riding down Riverside Drive.
Its pretty much flat till you get to the GWB on the Jersey side....there is one huge climb when you get close to 9W. I actually had to get off and walk. Thank God for cleat covers!

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Wow!

merckxman said:
Brought back fond memories when I lived in "Inwood". I remember when they added the lower lanes to the bridge; the original designer having the forsight to design and build the bridge to allow it.

Thanks photos, great!
I can't imagine going throught the Lincoln Tunnel on a bike! Nice pics!

merckxman, it brought back memories of my days in Inwood, too. My Dad was raised on Nagel Ave. My granparents and uncles - may they rest in peace - lived 50+ years in the same rent controlled apartment on B'way & Dyckman. I spent the first nine years of my life in The Projects (The Dyckman Houses) - 3736 10th Ave, bldg #4... how can I still remember that address? Regina's Bakery and those black & whites... the pizzarias... somebody give me a slice!

Apologies for the hi-jack. That looks like a sweet ride. I'm looking for an excuse to come back east vis a vis an organized ride and see la familia. I ride in the Detroit-metro MS150. I think I'll plan on this one for next year. Thanks onespeed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.