Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone riding the Columbia, MO MS150? Anyone notice that if you sign up for the training ride on May 3rd before you sign up for the event its $5 for the training ride or $20 for both rides but if you sign up for the MS150 first its $35 to do both?

I called and they said the new pricing came out last week and they couldn't offer a refund ... but I registered yesterday ... they had no response, we just sat on the phone in silence.
I realize the money is going to a good cause but I must say I feel a bit cheated. I am a team captain and I feel I am doing a good bit of work and organization to help them raise money.
I just hope all the money they raise really goes where it is needed.

...just a rant... thanks for your time.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
BLUEMEANIE said:
I realize the money is going to a good cause but I must say I feel a bit cheated.......
I have breakfast every morning with a group of friends including one lady with MS.

So even though I could get annoyed with our local MS Office and some of the things they do regarding our local ride, keeping things in perspective (like who we are doing this for) helps me not sweat the small stuff.

Our bike coordinator is usually a new hire right out of college and somewhat clueless. We just help them where we can and ignore their inadequacies. We've trained about 6 in the last 20 years. :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya. I'm on several non-profit boards some large some small. I know things slip thru and aren't always perfect but its the causes which I support. My gripe was more with their attitude on the phone. It just rubbed me the wrong way.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for sure.

In the end everything was straightened out. We did about 75mi round trip and the 35 that the MS Society marked were fantastic! We might even ride from StL to the ride on the 9th in Columbia.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts